If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Pathway Genomics or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Pathway Genomics or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- A multitude of DNA tests focused on health and wellness
- Wide variety of health and wellness-oriented DNA tests
- Accurate and comprehensive results with quick turnaround times
- Price: $99.00
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Phil Lane on 07/16/2018One of the best DNA testing!
- Submitted By Mitch Davis on 09/03/2017I followed the recommended diet plan and it helped me lose 15 pounds without any problems.
- Submitted By John Clark on 07/12/2017Great service! The support staff was pretty pleasant as well and patient with a ton of my questions.
- Submitted By Emily Goldstein on 06/22/2017The report cleared all my fears of jewish genetic diseases. Thankyou pathway!
- Submitted By Jan on 06/01/2019I purchased a test through the Noom app. That was February of this year (2019) but I took a bit before swabbing and submitting, about 6 weeks. But since I downloaded the app for my phone, scanned the CPU from my kit and mailed it, I have yet to hear anything from this company. It is now the beginning of June. So, submitted about over 2 months ago and I have nothing to show for it except a charge on my credit card. Not happy. If I could give no stars I would.
- Submitted By Sam on 02/23/2019I ordered the Noom Weight loss DNA test on November 7, 2018. It arrived quickly. I sent my swab in the mail two weeks later. They never received it at the lab, so when I sent an email to inquire about it they simply sent me a new one. I did the new swab and sent it within the week that time. I got an email January 4 that they received it, and then another on the 7 that they started processing it. So at this point I had already spent two months just trying to get them the sample... They say it takes them 4-6 weeks to process, so at 5 1/2 weeks I wrote asking where my sample was at in the process. I got the same email described below by a few fellow reviewers from Phyllis Francis on Feb 15. It seems like a blanket response they send to everyone. Regardless, I still have not heard back from the “lab” what the holdup is. I wrote again today because it has been more than 6 weeks since they received the sample and I have not gotten an update. Will report back as this continues to develop. But overall customer service is terrible.
- Submitted By Kendall on 02/06/2019I purchased two tests in late November and sent them to Orig3ns on November 30. The following week I received confirmations that they had received both tests and I would have my reports in about 4 weeks.After 5 weeks I followed up by email and was told by Phyllis Francis:"Thank you for reaching out. We wanted to let you know that we appreciate your patience. Our lab team has generated a partial report and are still working on the last few genes. I do apologize you have not yet received your results. We do our best to deliver results in 4 to 6 weeks but sometimes experience delays due to the number of swabs we're processing and the quality of the sample we receive. I have noted both your swabs for the lab to determine the cause for delay.Each individual is unique and some DNA is also harder to extract than others but we always make multiple attempts and may need to mail you a new swab free of charge. If this is the case we will follow-up to confirm your mailing address."Two weeks later no results so I followed up again. Phyllis' response: "I do apologize, I am still waiting to hear back from the lab. Additionally, I refunded your order due to the delay"I asked if I should still expect my results and she said yes.Two weeks later, still no results. It has now been 8 weeks since they were received and 4 weeks since I was told they were almost done. I followed up with an inquiry and Phyllis response was:"The lab is a bit backed up but still running your samples. I do not have an ETA."So if you are truly interested in receiving results, don't waste your money on this company. I am now suspicious about what they are really doing with my DNA.
- Submitted By Ellen Sullivan on 01/17/2019They lost my first sample and had to have it re-done. Submitted second sample, received notification that they received the sample and began testing on November 5, 2018. Waited 5 weeks to see results, none to be had. Sent request as to when I would receive, still testing. checked again, received exact same response from same person, even though with each email the person stated they would follow up. Never received any notification that a follow-up was done. Received email response to another inquiry on 12/28/18. Said that there was a test done on my sample on 12/27/18. Still no results on line. To this day, no results. Nor do they seem to care. Finally returned my money for the test (purchased through NOOM)
Pathway Genomics is a DNA testing provider launched in 2008 and located in San Diego, California. It is dedicated to providing a unique blend of personalized medicine and genetic testing to its many clients. It offers a wide range of genetic tests and analyses and you can read everything about its services in our detailed Pathway Genomics review.