If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Helix or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Helix or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Patricia T. on 09/05/2018Helix is an amazing company for discovering more about yourself through your DNA. I am more than satisfied with what the value I received for my money. However, the company (and its partners) really needs to work on speeding up test processing times. I waited for my results for 2 months, which was frustrating, to say the least. Other than that, it is a flawless service and you will not regret using it for your DNA explorations.
- Submitted By Dennis Bell on 08/25/2018Helix is a good company with partnerships with all the famous brands in the industry. I chose to do an ancestry test via Helix because I wanted easy access to other information from my DNA - which is exactly what I got. The whole procedure is fast and easy to follow, and I received my results sooner than I expected. Honest recommendation.
- Submitted By Donna Hoffman on 08/19/2018Sent my sample in early May, it is now August 19 and still cannot access results. I have contacted both Helix and Insitome, followed all instructions and it is not working. I was told I could print out the things I want but, if I can not access it, I can not print it out. I am told it is working on their end and thats great, does me no good though. I have nothing good to say.
- Submitted By David Kiehl on 03/24/2018Helix charges $13.67 for 2 day Fed Ex delivery. Don't do it the ground shipping is faster Complaint to Helix with response "Dang Lu
Sat 3/24/2018, 12:32 AM Hello David, Based on the order history, it looks like the order was placed on 3/21/2018 at 5:05 PM which would be too late for FedEx to pick up the package. The order was fulfilled and picked up by FedEx on 3/22/2018. Once FedEx picks up the order, it is out of Helix's hands on the shipping portion. I understand your frustration, however cannot provide a refund for the shipping. Thank you, Dang Lu Helix Customer Care My response to Helix I guess I am confused. Your site states 2-day shipping, I paid you, not Fed Ex for 2-day shipping. Therefore you are legally responsible for the guarantee for 2-day shipping. I appreciate your offer for a discount which should be in conjunction with a refund, for a service that you offer but was not fulfilled. I am very unhappy with your substandard business practices and will keep this in mind before using your company again. Rest assured, I will be certain to inform potential customers as well as legal authorities of this travesty & illegal practice. I would strongly suggest a disclaimer stating that due to using an unreliable shipping partner, or total apathy by Helix or Fed Express, that rush 2-day delivery will most likely arrive after our usual 5-7 day ground shipping. Not including delays due to weather, flocks of migratory birds or butterflies, the occasional person tying helium balloons to a lounge chair and infiltrating airspace whether occupied by aircraft or not and any other lame excuse we can concoct.
- Submitted By Nina on 07/22/2018I thought it was cool but it said I have a thin hair gene but my hair is really thick and it said I don’t tan easily but I do, I’m half Italian and half European.. so it makes me question the other results. Oh and I had a major unibrow before waxing but it said I was in the normal, but believe me this caterpillar is anything but normal
- Submitted By Louis LaVecchia on 01/26/2018For the price, I felt I got a boiler plate test that tells me nothing what I was led to believe I would receive.
- Submitted By Diana on 01/20/2018One of the worst companies I have done business with in a long time. They sell product that they don’t have licenses to sell, but expect the customer to wait (as they hold your money) while they try to get the license. I had to ask 3 times for a refund. The told me that they refunded my money, but it hasn’t hit my bank account. If they are this bad at running their business, I have serious doubt about the results of their tests.
- Submitted By Jaime M on 01/17/2018I was really excited about the Fuel test to help be understand my nutrition needs from a DNA perspective. Unfortunately I did not learn anything from this that I did not learn from the food pyramid in elementary school. All advice was common sense and very generic. I had expected to gain more insight on things I should and should not be eating. I did not receive any insight as to how I should be handling my nutrition needs.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.