If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Helix or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Helix or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Brenda Rash on 01/07/2019Rip off!! Paid $165.00 for the kit. They ask health questions. Told me I would have to buy extra to get results. They would not do my dna. Ask for money back, the deducted 10.00 for shipping. I think it’s a scam!! I give it zero stars!
- Submitted By Patricia T. on 09/05/2018Helix is an amazing company for discovering more about yourself through your DNA. I am more than satisfied with what the value I received for my money. However, the company (and its partners) really needs to work on speeding up test processing times. I waited for my results for 2 months, which was frustrating, to say the least. Other than that, it is a flawless service and you will not regret using it for your DNA explorations.
- Submitted By Dennis Bell on 08/25/2018Helix is a good company with partnerships with all the famous brands in the industry. I chose to do an ancestry test via Helix because I wanted easy access to other information from my DNA - which is exactly what I got. The whole procedure is fast and easy to follow, and I received my results sooner than I expected. Honest recommendation.
- Submitted By Kendall on 02/06/2019I purchased two tests in late November and sent them to Orig3ns on November 30. The following week I received confirmations that they had received both tests and I would have my reports in about 4 weeks. After 5 weeks I followed up by email and was told by Phyllis Francis: "Thank you for reaching out. We wanted to let you know that we appreciate your patience. Our lab team has generated a partial report and are still working on the last few genes. I do apologize you have not yet received your results. We do our best to deliver results in 4 to 6 weeks but sometimes experience delays due to the number of swabs we're processing and the quality of the sample we receive. I have noted both your swabs for the lab to determine the cause for delay. Each individual is unique and some DNA is also harder to extract than others but we always make multiple attempts and may need to mail you a new swab free of charge. If this is the case we will follow-up to confirm your mailing address." Two weeks later no results so I followed up again. Phyllis' response: "I do apologize, I am still waiting to hear back from the lab. Additionally, I refunded your order due to the delay" I asked if I should still expect my results and she said yes. Two weeks later, still no results. It has now been 8 weeks since they were received and 4 weeks since I was told they were almost done. I followed up with an inquiry and Phyllis response was: "The lab is a bit backed up but still running your samples. I do not have an ETA." So if you are truly interested in receiving results, don't waste your money on this company. I am now suspicious about what they are really doing with my DNA.
- Submitted By Ellen Sullivan on 01/17/2019They lost my first sample and had to have it re-done. Submitted second sample, received notification that they received the sample and began testing on November 5, 2018. Waited 5 weeks to see results, none to be had. Sent request as to when I would receive, still testing. checked again, received exact same response from same person, even though with each email the person stated they would follow up. Never received any notification that a follow-up was done. Received email response to another inquiry on 12/28/18. Said that there was a test done on my sample on 12/27/18. Still no results on line. To this day, no results. Nor do they seem to care. Finally returned my money for the test (purchased through NOOM)
- Submitted By Nina on 07/22/2018I thought it was cool but it said I have a thin hair gene but my hair is really thick and it said I don’t tan easily but I do, I’m half Italian and half European.. so it makes me question the other results. Oh and I had a major unibrow before waxing but it said I was in the normal, but believe me this caterpillar is anything but normal
- Submitted By Louis LaVecchia on 01/26/2018For the price, I felt I got a boiler plate test that tells me nothing what I was led to believe I would receive.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.