After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and Helix are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and Helix, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Riley Tookey on 03/22/2019Don't use this company! CRI is so far off base it is unbelievable. My brothers and sister had there DNA tested and are all similar. CRI did mine and it was totally different. In their ridiculously broad generalizations they claimed a heritage that was completely inaccurate. I could have made this up myself. I doubt they even did any testing. This is a scam!
- Submitted By Steve on 03/09/2019Great company, and very good product, received kit within. days of buying, results up in about 3 weeks of sending my kit in.seem very accurate based on what I know about my family, and also told me a lot of new information bout my health.highly recommend.
- Submitted By Mildred on 02/19/2019Before you buy anything from this company, do a search on the Better Business Bureau's website. It is FULL of complaints and unsatisfied customers. I would not recommend CRI Genetics to anyone!
- Submitted By Gina on 02/19/2019CRI Genetics is a joke - abysmal customer service and questionable test results. We waited *forever* for text results, and when those results/reports came, only PARTS were posted online -- this joke of a company cannot even manage their web content, much less your DNA results! ... Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Brenda Rash on 01/07/2019Rip off!! Paid $165.00 for the kit. They ask health questions. Told me I would have to buy extra to get results. They would not do my dna. Ask for money back, the deducted 10.00 for shipping. I think it’s a scam!! I give it zero stars!
- Submitted By Patricia T. on 09/05/2018Helix is an amazing company for discovering more about yourself through your DNA. I am more than satisfied with what the value I received for my money. However, the company (and its partners) really needs to work on speeding up test processing times. I waited for my results for 2 months, which was frustrating, to say the least. Other than that, it is a flawless service and you will not regret using it for your DNA explorations.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.