After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and Helix are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and Helix, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ann Drake on 11/24/2019I tried 23andme, Ancestry.com and CRI Genetics all earlier this year after my mother passed last year. I like my CRI Genetics results best because they are a more honest reflection of who I am and who my ancestors were. The results were all ready in only 3 weeks. ( I did not ask for health genetics.) The Advanced timeline threw me. I still like the results that I have. It would be nice if they could put them on a dated certificate.
- Submitted By Holly Brown on 10/27/2019I used CRI genetics and feel like I got robbed they gave me information that I already knew And they did not dig down to a specific race or where my family came from they just gave general information and areas everything was very vague and nothing made sense I feel like they are a scam and it’s kind a like buyer beware
- Submitted By virginia123 on 10/23/2019I received a refund after waiting and waiting and waiting for my kit and receiving many robo-emails that were full of bs. I spoke with four people and got four different answers. I would not recommend this company.
- Submitted By Kevin OConnor on 10/10/2019I am having a lot of doubts about the accuracy of their report. To general info and seems they have an algorithm that just places people in blocks such as Northern Europe, Northwest Europe, British Isles. Each block takes in 10 countries so you won't know anything about your ancestry.
- Submitted By Tamara on 08/01/2019I have been trying to access my account over a week without success. I have emailed them without a response. The chat help is never online. Are they still in business?
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin N on 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.