After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. GPS Origins and EasyDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between GPS Origins and EasyDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Roy Barns on 08/20/2019GPS Origins is a unique test that offers to show you the migration route of your ancestors, plural. It's really cool because it connects the genetics with history and tries to explain why your ancestors moved in a certain way, based on whatever happened in the world during that time. For me, I learned that one side of my family moved from Croatia to Ukraine to Germany (the last part is true for sure!) because the Kingdom of Hungary was expanding and people moved out, some to participate in the crusades and others were looking for business opportunities. The other side of my family, Russian, was also spot on and also had a cool historical tale. The point of this test is that it allows you to go beyond your personal record and tell the story of both sides of your family. My criticism is that it doesn't involve ancient DNA, which is out there so it's sort of limited to modern day, but no one so far came up with a test that uses ancient DNA. Also, it helps if you know your mitochondria and Y haplogroups in advance, but these are not part of the test, which is autosomal. It's only $39 per upload, which is a good price for money.
- Submitted By Corinne Hollingsead on 11/19/2018I have used a few DNA testing kits and I have done my family tree. This site gave me inaccurate information. Without a doubt it is off. My father is 100 percent Italian and it did not read any Italian in my DNA. The other tests did. I do not recommend this test.
- Submitted By Justin Bryant on 10/15/2018I got my report much faster than with other similar services and the report pretty much matches what I already found out. I was hoping to see a site that could indicate the locations of my living and deceased relatives, but that’s not a thing apparently.
- Submitted By Nancy Roberts on 09/17/2018I was pleasantly surprised when my results showed separate percentages for my English and Scottish ancestry. It also pinpointed to an exact village where my ancestors with different backgrounds met for the first time, as well as their migration paths. Excellent service and a very informative report.
- Submitted By John on 13/02/2019Pathetic. First call was disconnected with no answer. Second call sounded the same with the ringer sounding like it was from some dilapidated dwelling in a Third World country. Upon speaking with the person, they had a British accent, even though I dialed a US number. The person on the call had a hard time understanding English. The process explained to test me and another individual in another country was as convoluted as could be. Whole thing sounds like a SCAM!!! STAY AWAY AND DO NOT TRUST OR USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
EasyDNA is the most outspread DNA testing company on the market, with more than 25 offices around the world. This doesn't just enable worldwide shipping but a tailored approach for multiple regions of the world. The variety of tests covers everything from ancestry and paternity up to animal DNA examinations. Read about its complete offer in our EasyDNA review.