After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. GPS Origins and EasyDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between GPS Origins and EasyDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By JS on 06/09/2018I don't know how this could get anything above one star. This technology supposedly "proved" that Ashkenazi Jews originated in Northeast Turkey, yet I'm 100% Ashkenazi and my test showed that I'm 50% Palestinian, 50% Spanish. While this is "true" in the sense that my genetic makeup is roughly halfway between the Levant and SW Europe, it obviously does not reflect my literal ancestry, which is much more complex. The generic descriptions it gave me told me that one of my "parent" ancestors had migrated to the Levant during the 14th-15th centuries from Egypt, while my other "parent" ancestors had migrated from Southern France to Spain between 1,000 and 2,,000 years ago. It gave me very random and ultimately meaningless %s of different "ancestry" that didn't make sense with my actual ancestry or even with the regional migrations they gave me. This might be useful for someone with very homogeneous background,, I honestly can't say, but it was almost meaningless for me.
- Submitted By Candice on 04/05/20182 Stars is being generous. This is not detailed you get details about the top 3 regions only. On its pinpoint map then it is broken down two one grouping for each parent. My mother has very Homogenized background. But, my father has a very very Heterogenous background. The results are nowhere as good as the results from Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, MyHeritage, or Gedmatch. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE if you have already had a DNA test us another site that is free for comparison.
- Submitted By Roi Levi on 11/19/2017Remarkable accuracy! I had to call my parents to make sure no one talked to them and made up these results. I have Italian and German origins that start in the Middle East and Russia. The results are way more interesting than all these 5% this and 4% that. I mean, who cares?
- Submitted By Logan Reeves on 09/06/2017The migration maps are really engaging and the results even placed my first dna relative in a small village in France.
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
- Submitted By Alex Jones on 06/06/2017They could've dish out the free return shipping.
EasyDNA is the most outspread DNA testing company on the market, with more than 25 offices around the world. This doesn't just enable worldwide shipping but a tailored approach for multiple regions of the world. The variety of tests covers everything from ancestry and paternity up to animal DNA examinations. Read about its complete offer in our EasyDNA review.