GPS Origins VS CRI Genetics
After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and GPS Origins are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and GPS Origins, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ann Drake on 11/24/2019I tried 23andme, Ancestry.com and CRI Genetics all earlier this year after my mother passed last year. I like my CRI Genetics results best because they are a more honest reflection of who I am and who my ancestors were. The results were all ready in only 3 weeks. ( I did not ask for health genetics.) The Advanced timeline threw me. I still like the results that I have. It would be nice if they could put them on a dated certificate.
- Submitted By Holly Brown on 10/27/2019I used CRI genetics and feel like I got robbed they gave me information that I already knew And they did not dig down to a specific race or where my family came from they just gave general information and areas everything was very vague and nothing made sense I feel like they are a scam and it’s kind a like buyer beware
- Submitted By virginia123 on 10/23/2019I received a refund after waiting and waiting and waiting for my kit and receiving many robo-emails that were full of bs. I spoke with four people and got four different answers. I would not recommend this company.
- Submitted By Kevin OConnor on 10/10/2019I am having a lot of doubts about the accuracy of their report. To general info and seems they have an algorithm that just places people in blocks such as Northern Europe, Northwest Europe, British Isles. Each block takes in 10 countries so you won't know anything about your ancestry.
- Submitted By Roy Barns on 08/20/2019GPS Origins is a unique test that offers to show you the migration route of your ancestors, plural. It's really cool because it connects the genetics with history and tries to explain why your ancestors moved in a certain way, based on whatever happened in the world during that time. For me, I learned that one side of my family moved from Croatia to Ukraine to Germany (the last part is true for sure!) because the Kingdom of Hungary was expanding and people moved out, some to participate in the crusades and others were looking for business opportunities. The other side of my family, Russian, was also spot on and also had a cool historical tale. The point of this test is that it allows you to go beyond your personal record and tell the story of both sides of your family. My criticism is that it doesn't involve ancient DNA, which is out there so it's sort of limited to modern day, but no one so far came up with a test that uses ancient DNA. Also, it helps if you know your mitochondria and Y haplogroups in advance, but these are not part of the test, which is autosomal. It's only $39 per upload, which is a good price for money.
- Submitted By Corinne Hollingsead on 11/19/2018I have used a few DNA testing kits and I have done my family tree. This site gave me inaccurate information. Without a doubt it is off. My father is 100 percent Italian and it did not read any Italian in my DNA. The other tests did. I do not recommend this test.
- Submitted By Justin Bryant on 10/15/2018I got my report much faster than with other similar services and the report pretty much matches what I already found out. I was hoping to see a site that could indicate the locations of my living and deceased relatives, but that’s not a thing apparently.
- Submitted By Nancy Roberts on 09/17/2018I was pleasantly surprised when my results showed separate percentages for my English and Scottish ancestry. It also pinpointed to an exact village where my ancestors with different backgrounds met for the first time, as well as their migration paths. Excellent service and a very informative report.
CRI Genetics is one of the rare at-home testing providers that allow its users to discover their ancient genetic origins up to 200,000 years in the past and complement their daily health regimens with concrete genetic recommendations. Learn everything about this company and its impressive features in this honest CRI Genetics review.