After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and GPS Origins are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and GPS Origins, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dean Jackson on 11/24/2018I was pondering for quite a while whether to order just the ancestry test or both and I ended up taking the double route in the end. My monthly budget really felt that 200 bucks hit but it was so worth it. As a person with a bunch of health problems i need all the help I can find and learning how my dna affects it is definitely a plus in my book. Wasn’t too interested in the ancestry part but you can’t order one without the other and i would really like to see the company offering this possibility as well.
- Submitted By Laura Merrick on 08/11/2018Excellent tests that allowed me to go back in time and see where my ancestors came from and where my dna actually began. I also bought one for my brother so that we can also test the paternal dna line and learn more about that side of the family as well. Definitely recommend it if you’re interested in learning more about your and the history of your family.
- Submitted By Corinne Hollingsead on 11/19/2018I have used a few DNA testing kits and I have done my family tree. This site gave me inaccurate information. Without a doubt it is off. My father is 100 percent Italian and it did not read any Italian in my DNA. The other tests did. I do not recommend this test.
- Submitted By Justin Bryant on 10/15/2018I got my report much faster than with other similar services and the report pretty much matches what I already found out. I was hoping to see a site that could indicate the locations of my living and deceased relatives, but that’s not a thing apparently.
- Submitted By Nancy Roberts on 09/17/2018I was pleasantly surprised when my results showed separate percentages for my English and Scottish ancestry. It also pinpointed to an exact village where my ancestors with different backgrounds met for the first time, as well as their migration paths. Excellent service and a very informative report.
- Submitted By JS on 06/09/2018I don't know how this could get anything above one star. This technology supposedly "proved" that Ashkenazi Jews originated in Northeast Turkey, yet I'm 100% Ashkenazi and my test showed that I'm 50% Palestinian, 50% Spanish. While this is "true" in the sense that my genetic makeup is roughly halfway between the Levant and SW Europe, it obviously does not reflect my literal ancestry, which is much more complex. The generic descriptions it gave me told me that one of my "parent" ancestors had migrated to the Levant during the 14th-15th centuries from Egypt, while my other "parent" ancestors had migrated from Southern France to Spain between 1,000 and 2,,000 years ago. It gave me very random and ultimately meaningless %s of different "ancestry" that didn't make sense with my actual ancestry or even with the regional migrations they gave me. This might be useful for someone with very homogeneous background,, I honestly can't say, but it was almost meaningless for me.
CRI Genetics is one of the rare at-home testing providers that allow its users to discover their ancient genetic origins up to 200,000 years in the past and complement their daily health regimens with concrete genetic recommendations. Learn everything about this company and its impressive features in this honest CRI Genetics review.