After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and EasyDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and EasyDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 05/16/2019They (CRI) were over the 8 weeks to process, but were apologetic and refunded my money...and posted my results for free! A stand out among companies nowadays for honesty.Just for your information...CRI testing confirmed my allergy panel and my wife's allergy panel done by a local M.D.I got no surprises, but my wife's test was VERY different than we expected, Later checking of birth records/service records/marriage records showed CRI was correct, in that here ancestry showed she was mostly south American (Peru).I opted for the maternal and y haplogroup testing and also no surprises therePeople want fluff, not facts, and I wanted facts....not fluff. I'm intelligent enough to do the research. I know my history back to mid-1500's. CRI DNA agreed with the research.I'm sorry that people aren't genetically what they thought that they should be. We're mostly mongrels if you aren't African, and I'm pleased that CRI seems to give a crap about honesty. It says worlds for them.Mark
- Submitted By David Langdon on 05/04/2019I would not recommend this company and I suspect some of the glowing reviews and online reviews are simply advertising or fake. My major complaint is simply bizarre inaccuracy. I have a well documented genealogy back to immigrants from Brit Isles and a couple from Germany in 16th-18th century and a 23&Me report matched this, plus a couple of low percentage surprises. I just received the CRI ancestry report after having to complain that it had not been sent after 10 weeks. It looks ridiculous, with a higher French ancestry than British, a claim that one of my grandparents was Peruvian (I knew them all), one of my 19th century ancestors was Gujarati, and another about 1800 was Punjabi --all with "99% accuracy"! We all know that DNA may not match family "lore" and nonpaternity may be hidden, but if I had to choose accuracy between the 23&me results that match my documented genealogy and known American immigration history, and the CRI results that alleges multiple recent ancestors from remote parts of the world, its an easy decision. I would be happy to be provided enough documentation from CRI to convince me they are more accurate than 23&Me, but I am not holding my breath.
- Submitted By Courtney on 04/24/2019DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEIR HEALTH BUNDLE. I was quite disappointed with the lack of information for "health"...unless you care about whats the best way for you to diet. If that matters to you- go for it. That is their entire "Health" Section..how you should be eating or dieting..I'm legitimately sad and I feel ripped off. 23 at least gives you information on ACTUAL genetic risks such as Parkinson's or Dementia AND the Maternal /Paternal Haplogroups are included...CRIgenetics is an additional $83 EACH. Infact- 23andMe does everything CRIgenetics does and more Ancestry was great...but I just feel empty when in regards to my Genetic Health concerns...dont waste your money like I did
- Submitted By Dawn FahsholtzI purchased a DNA Collection Kit and Ancestry Background Analysis as a gift for my mom's birthday. She lives out of state so I will give that to her next month. Any way I was charged an additional $7.42 that appeared on my credit bill. When I called to inquire, the rep Christian saw the same total I thought I had owed. He then had to put me on hold to talk to his supervisor. After 20+ minutes, he came back and told me that additional amount was sales tax. I inquired why they couldn't estimate the tax like Amazon does. I told him that was not a good business strategy. He began talking about CRI's service. I told him I would not recommend the company and that I would write a review. Sounded like he began to argue with me so I told him not to argue with me and that the conversation was over. In addition, I keep getting additional emails to purchase other reports. I don't need to be bombarded. I thought the company got 4.9* after doing my review of several companies. Now, I am concerned what type of DNA results my mom will receive. I would not recommend this company since they are not transparent in their business dealings when making a sale. If Amazon can give you an estimated sales tax, then so can CRI Genetics! Look at what other customers are saying about the DNA test results they receive. If my mom's results are bogus, then I will have to call again. My first call was recorded by CRI.
- Submitted By John on 13/02/2019Pathetic. First call was disconnected with no answer. Second call sounded the same with the ringer sounding like it was from some dilapidated dwelling in a Third World country.Upon speaking with the person, they had a British accent, even though I dialed a US number. The person on the call had a hard time understanding English.The process explained to test me and another individual in another country was as convoluted as could be.Whole thing sounds like a SCAM!!!STAY AWAY AND DO NOT TRUST OR USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
CRI Genetics is one of the rare at-home testing providers that allow its users to discover their ancient genetic origins up to 200,000 years in the past and complement their daily health regimens with concrete genetic recommendations. Learn everything about this company and its impressive features in this honest CRI Genetics review.