If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Helix or Vitagene is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Helix or Vitagene meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tamara on 08/01/2019I have been trying to access my account over a week without success. I have emailed them without a response. The chat help is never online. Are they still in business?
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Dana Way on 09/26/2019Vitagene's customer support is pathetic. You can't contact them by phone, their customer registration doesn't allow non-US residents to register (though they will happily take your money) and trying to log in results in a perpetual loading icon that never completes.
- Submitted By Catherine Reed on 08/30/2018Satisfied with the service, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I had to fill in a bunch of personal information about myself.
- Submitted By Peter R on 08/21/2018Vitagene has a unique approach to analyzing your DNA, and that's what I love about this company. With it, I was able to find out a lot of things other companies couldn't tell me, and also get personalized supplements. Money well spent.
- Submitted By Turid on 07/27/2018English is not my first language but I know enought to understand that Vitagene is not designed by professionals. Here is some examples: 1 You have to pay first and then accept conditions,not the other way around. 2 Their language is not only unclear but wrong. They tell me to use dairy products like almon milk,soya milk,etc. But this is NOT a dairy product They tell me to eat grains like beans and peas. That is NOT a grain ! 3 In their questions they show the say sloppy use of words and concepts by asking questions like " do you eat a lot of fatty food ?". Hmmmm,yes I do I eat a lot of fat fish but I don't think they see this as "fatty food". Maybe everybody in The U.S. know the meaning of fatty food,but for users in other countries this is sloppy,unclear and un profesional ways to ask questions when the intent is to figure out if you have a healthy diet or not. 4 When they tell me what to eat the list is so small,so limited that nobody can prepare any meal based on their advice 5 There are more but I get so distressed by writing about Vitagene that I stop here. My advice is clear " Do not buy this test ! "
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.