If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Helix or TeloYears is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Helix or TeloYears meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- Cutting-edge and CLIA-certified DNA processing facilities
- Exclusive testing methods with no room for potential errors
- Free result monitoring and updates for repeated testers
- Price: $129.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tamara on 08/01/2019I have been trying to access my account over a week without success. I have emailed them without a response. The chat help is never online. Are they still in business?
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin N on 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Diana Owens on 10/18/2018Back when I first ordered the test, the company didn’t offer any ancestry kits. The genetic age thing was a true revelation and it really helped me put some things into perspective and get my priorities straight. I just did the ancestry test and am currently waiting for the results. The whole procedure is very easy to go through and the information you get are really worth it.
- Submitted By Ann Perry on 10/05/2018I started researching telomeres a couple of months ago and I found the whole science behind it quite fascinating. Honestly, I thought it was all a huge money-grabbing hoax before I “hit the books” but I can now see the logic behind it all. Needless to say my telomere length didn’t match my age and how could it with all the stress we’re going through every single day. I also got a blueprint that I should follow in order to get there though. Bottom line I’m following the recommendations and can’t wait to see my progress on the next test.
- Submitted By Regina on 09/11/2018Don't recommend. Bought advanced ancestry as a birthday gift (!). Was told it takes 6-8 weeks. After 6 weeks no follow up from the company. When I wrote to them, I was told in condescending tone that they notified me initially about 6-8 week processing time. Ok, after week 8 I have to follow up again (no communication from Teloyears!). Now I receive an email saying that their lab is too busy, and they don't even tell me when the results will come (birthday gift, mind you!). Ok, after week 10 still nothing from them, and not even a courtesy email. So we lost patience and requested a refund. And the funniest thing is, they deducted $20 (!!) of shipment cost, when it was clearly their fault - why accepting so many orders if your lab cannot process them in the time that you guarantee? When I sent an inquiry, they simply ignored my email. Never again, and don't recommend to others. There are so many companies these days who offer DNA testing, I'll definitely go to someone else.
- Submitted By Larry Baxter on 02/02/2018Incredibly accurate and useful. I warmly recommend regular testing, it can really help you understand what is happening inside your body and get on the right track.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.