If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Modern processing laboratory with CLIA and CAP certifications
- Excellent team of professionals and effective user support
- Testing kits compliant with FDA's Good Manufacturing Practice
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Kelly ob 04/28/2018Horrible customer service. When I complained about it, I was answered by the same person who was rude to me in the first place. Avoid. I have had no similar issues with 23 and me or Ancestry.
- Submitted By Sadie on 03/21/2018Save your money- Scam report The DNA testing is fine. . . BUT save your money on the "Wellness" report. You can get better information off the internet. All you get is diet information such as you need to drink 7 glasses of water a day, and salt could make your blood pressure rise. Once they get your money there are NO refunds, all Vitagene want to do is sell you supplements and argue with you about there lame report. The report is not even worth $5.00 let alone $49.00. if you want a good report go to Promethease.com and pay $5.00 for a much better report with some information.
- Submitted By Amy Parker on 12/28/2017Reasonable prices compared to some other dna testing companies I've seen.
- Submitted By Louis LaVecchia on 01/26/2018For the price, I felt I got a boiler plate test that tells me nothing what I was led to believe I would receive.
- Submitted By Diana on 01/20/2018One of the worst companies I have done business with in a long time. They sell product that they don’t have licenses to sell, but expect the customer to wait (as they hold your money) while they try to get the license. I had to ask 3 times for a refund. The told me that they refunded my money, but it hasn’t hit my bank account. If they are this bad at running their business, I have serious doubt about the results of their tests.
- Submitted By Jaime M on 01/17/2018I was really excited about the Fuel test to help be understand my nutrition needs from a DNA perspective. Unfortunately I did not learn anything from this that I did not learn from the food pyramid in elementary school. All advice was common sense and very generic. I had expected to gain more insight on things I should and should not be eating. I did not receive any insight as to how I should be handling my nutrition needs.
- Submitted By Timothy King on 08/27/2017My head started spinning just from reading everything these guys do. I ordered the fitness test, and it was surprisingly informative and useful.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.