After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Helix and National Geographic Ancestry Test are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Helix and National Geographic Ancestry Test, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- More than 800,000 participants in over 140 countries
- 60 reference populations for a complete ancestral layout
- Neanderthal DNA check and full autosomal, Y, and mt testing
- Price: $149.95
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tamara on 08/01/2019I have been trying to access my account over a week without success. I have emailed them without a response. The chat help is never online. Are they still in business?
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Arthur Starr on 04/27/2019This company needs major improvement. I have been waiting since February 2019 after I paid and send a saliva sample. I have not received results nor have i been able to access the site. I have spoken to numerous individuals who supposedly represent Helix and each time was promised that the problems would be taken care of. None of this has helped. I am not recognized on the site after resending my information many times. I would avoid this program and warn others to do the same. At this point I am wondering if this is a scam. I subscribe toNational Geographic and trusted that they were involved with this company. I would give them a zero for a rating if it were allowed.
- Submitted By SZ on 09/03/2018I read some negative reviews online, and almost decided against buying the test. Fortunately, I changed my mind and did the test. I waited 10 weeks for my report to be ready and I learned a lot of things about my maternal and paternal ancestry. I was not disappointed and I recommend going with National Geographic if you want to find out more about your ancestors. The test is worth every penny, if you understand what you are getting out of it.
- Submitted By Tanya on 08/13/2018I waited a long time to receive my results. While I was not disappointed with my report, I did expect a bit more from National Geographic.
- Submitted By Cynthia on 07/30/2018I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. It has been a year since I submitted by samples and until now I have yet to receive my results. I wrote several emails and in the beginning the first reason was ‘some delays due to change of labs’ then when I asked again ‘delays due to IT issues of uploading results’ and then when I asked again recently it was met with silence and just simply no reply. I have now asked them for a refund but again no reply. I really recommend that you do not purchase this at all. It is really a very annoying situation and I regret getting this - they basically took the money and gave me nothing. Reading some of the reviews here make it sound like some people actually received results - how? Why did I not receive mine? It makes me so disappointed. Is there a board I can complain to formally? It really is a scam with the Nat Geo name ! If I could give zero I would but this system’s minimum is 1 star
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.