After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Helix and National Geographic Ancestry Test are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Helix and National Geographic Ancestry Test, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- More than 800,000 participants in over 140 countries
- 60 reference populations for a complete ancestral layout
- Neanderthal DNA check and full autosomal, Y, and mt testing
- Price: $149.95
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Brenda Rash on 01/07/2019Rip off!! Paid $165.00 for the kit. They ask health questions. Told me I would have to buy extra to get results. They would not do my dna. Ask for money back, the deducted 10.00 for shipping. I think it’s a scam!! I give it zero stars!
- Submitted By Patricia T. on 09/05/2018Helix is an amazing company for discovering more about yourself through your DNA. I am more than satisfied with what the value I received for my money. However, the company (and its partners) really needs to work on speeding up test processing times. I waited for my results for 2 months, which was frustrating, to say the least. Other than that, it is a flawless service and you will not regret using it for your DNA explorations.
- Submitted By Dennis Bell on 08/25/2018Helix is a good company with partnerships with all the famous brands in the industry. I chose to do an ancestry test via Helix because I wanted easy access to other information from my DNA - which is exactly what I got. The whole procedure is fast and easy to follow, and I received my results sooner than I expected. Honest recommendation.
- Submitted By SZ on 09/03/2018I read some negative reviews online, and almost decided against buying the test. Fortunately, I changed my mind and did the test. I waited 10 weeks for my report to be ready and I learned a lot of things about my maternal and paternal ancestry. I was not disappointed and I recommend going with National Geographic if you want to find out more about your ancestors. The test is worth every penny, if you understand what you are getting out of it.
- Submitted By Tanya on 08/13/2018I waited a long time to receive my results. While I was not disappointed with my report, I did expect a bit more from National Geographic.
- Submitted By Cynthia on 07/30/2018I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. It has been a year since I submitted by samples and until now I have yet to receive my results. I wrote several emails and in the beginning the first reason was ‘some delays due to change of labs’ then when I asked again ‘delays due to IT issues of uploading results’ and then when I asked again recently it was met with silence and just simply no reply. I have now asked them for a refund but again no reply. I really recommend that you do not purchase this at all. It is really a very annoying situation and I regret getting this - they basically took the money and gave me nothing. Reading some of the reviews here make it sound like some people actually received results - how? Why did I not receive mine? It makes me so disappointed. Is there a board I can complain to formally? It really is a scam with the Nat Geo name ! If I could give zero I would but this system’s minimum is 1 star
- Submitted By Thomas Thompson on 07/16/2018I purchased the kit and submitted my sample, I supposedly got my results back but the only thing I have been able to access is a site trying to sell me all kinds of addons and other crap. As far as I can tell it is just a big scam to get you to spend more money. Shame on National Geographic.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.