After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. MyHeritage and GPS Origins are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between MyHeritage and GPS Origins, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Top-of-the-line sample processing facility/accurate results
- Numerous features and subscription plans available to users
- 40 million family trees, 2.6 million profiles, 8 billion records
- Price: $59.00
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By MCD on 06/20/2018My Heritage offer a fantastic online facility to research your family history. I feel connected to people whose blood and DNA I carry but died hundred of years ago. I had no idea, until a few days ago my Mothers side of the family were Millers and Corn Dealers based in a sleepy village in Suffolk, England. There also appears to be a child one of my Great Grandmothers had that nobody knew anything about..... such a tantalising mystery!!
- Submitted By Jerry Kay on 06/20/2018I was so happy with the clear concise way the lady explained a DNA question. i now realize I can add as many DNA results to my tree to check unknown connections and follow if maternal on paternal ancestors.
- Submitted By Jake on 06/19/2018Yes I am very happy with my heritage Great job I found out my ancestors my family I am very happy I will definitely tell all my friends they need to buy them a kit so they can check their ancestors and find their families definitely recommend this for everybody
- Submitted By Amy on 06/19/20185 stars. Yes of course!
- Submitted By JS on 06/09/2018I don't know how this could get anything above one star. This technology supposedly "proved" that Ashkenazi Jews originated in Northeast Turkey, yet I'm 100% Ashkenazi and my test showed that I'm 50% Palestinian, 50% Spanish. While this is "true" in the sense that my genetic makeup is roughly halfway between the Levant and SW Europe, it obviously does not reflect my literal ancestry, which is much more complex. The generic descriptions it gave me told me that one of my "parent" ancestors had migrated to the Levant during the 14th-15th centuries from Egypt, while my other "parent" ancestors had migrated from Southern France to Spain between 1,000 and 2,,000 years ago. It gave me very random and ultimately meaningless %s of different "ancestry" that didn't make sense with my actual ancestry or even with the regional migrations they gave me. This might be useful for someone with very homogeneous background,, I honestly can't say, but it was almost meaningless for me.
- Submitted By Candice on 04/05/20182 Stars is being generous. This is not detailed you get details about the top 3 regions only. On its pinpoint map then it is broken down two one grouping for each parent. My mother has very Homogenized background. But, my father has a very very Heterogenous background. The results are nowhere as good as the results from Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, MyHeritage, or Gedmatch. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE if you have already had a DNA test us another site that is free for comparison.
- Submitted By Roi Levi on 11/19/2017Remarkable accuracy! I had to call my parents to make sure no one talked to them and made up these results. I have Italian and German origins that start in the Middle East and Russia. The results are way more interesting than all these 5% this and 4% that. I mean, who cares?
- Submitted By Logan Reeves on 09/06/2017The migration maps are really engaging and the results even placed my first dna relative in a small village in France.
MyHeritage is a DNA testing provider founded in 2003 in Israel. It combines genetic research with genealogy, allowing its users to create family profiles, print family trees, share photos, perform DNA testing, stay in touch with relatives, research family history, and much more. Read all about its services in our MyHeritage review.