After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. MyHeritage and EasyDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between MyHeritage and EasyDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Top-of-the-line sample processing facility/accurate results
- Numerous features and subscription plans available to users
- 40 million family trees, 2.6 million profiles, 8 billion records
- Price: $69.00
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alan on 04/27/2019Results are way off compared to other sites. I uploaded my parents results to gedcom and familydna and compared. All the other sites were similar to each other. Myheritage resulsts were skewed to a level not even my family tree supported. I did my own test at another site, and uploaded my dna to myheritage and gedcom. Gedcome matched the other site, and again myhertiage results were way off.Accounting for this bias, the results though were nevertheless interesting
- Submitted By N on 04/06/2019Just an absolutely horrible experience. This site obviously has a bias set to its ratings. The math does not work with these ratings.
- Submitted By Kathy on 01/20/2019Don't waste your money on MyHeritage getting your DNA tested. I have traced my family tree back on both sides of my family pretty far. I have actual proof of being Cherokee since my mother's paternal grandfather was full-blood, her maternal grandmother was full-blood and there is also Cherokee on my father's side. My 5th gr Grandmother is listed in the Cherokee By Blood, Her granddaughter put in an application for the Eastern Cherokee tribe and they are listed on the Guion Miller Roll. Can't get much more Cherokee than that. My DNA results came back that I am zero % American Indian. Also said I am zero % Scottish or Irish yet I have my family traced back to the year 1068 and we are related to Sir William Wallace. When I called to complain and say I wanted a refund I was told that their DNA tests are quite accurate. I told the guy apparently they are not accurate or they would have gotten my DNA correctly. His excuse about not finding the Scottish or Irish was that more than likely my family originated in England and migrated to Scotland and Ireland. Uh... NO! I asked if he was going to change the history books and also let Mel Gibson know that he based his movie in the wrong country? As for the reason they didn't find any American Indian in my DNA he said that many Indians don't trust the white man and so they don't want to provide DNA samples to compare to. Ok, so how are other companies able to test for American Indian DNA. He then said there are over 500 tribes they don't have samples for. I told him that even if that were true, the Cherokee are one of the largest tribes in the U.S. They were one of the 5 civilized tribes. I told him that in case he didn't know what that meant, it meant that they were one of the tribes to adopt the customs of the white settlers and generally had good relations with them. They were one of the only tribes to have a written syllabary making it possible for them to read and write in their language. There are 3 federally recognized Cherokee tribes as well as some not federally recognized. So, how is it that they do not have ANY DNA from this tribe? He just continued to repeat to me that there are over 500 tribes that they do not DNA from to be able to compare to. I then asked him this - When MyHeritage very first started, how did they test their very first customer? Because if I was understanding him correctly, they needed something to compare to and if it was the very first customer then what did they compare to? I told him I felt their company is falsely advertising and that I wanted a refund. You can't advertise and charge people money for doing something if you aren't going to or aren't able to do it correctly. They are not able to test people's DNA correctly if they can not test for everything. He kept telling me how accurate their tests are but they are not accurate and I was very disappointed with the results. I will be posting this review on Yelp.com as well as Angie's List and any other review site that I am able to post on. I still want a refund and plan to call them again as well as write to them. It's unethical to charge that much money for something and not do it correctly. I want my money back so I can find someone who actually knows what they are doing and can test my DNA correctly. Don't waste your money on this,
- Submitted By Samantha R Boykin on 12/26/2018I ordered the DNA kite for my husband for Christmas its been six weeks still not here, and cant get anyone on on the phone. I dont get all the great reviews im very dissapointed .
- Submitted By John on 13/02/2019Pathetic. First call was disconnected with no answer. Second call sounded the same with the ringer sounding like it was from some dilapidated dwelling in a Third World country.Upon speaking with the person, they had a British accent, even though I dialed a US number. The person on the call had a hard time understanding English.The process explained to test me and another individual in another country was as convoluted as could be.Whole thing sounds like a SCAM!!!STAY AWAY AND DO NOT TRUST OR USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
MyHeritage is a DNA testing provider founded in 2003 in Israel. It combines genetic research with genealogy, allowing its users to create family profiles, print family trees, share photos, perform DNA testing, stay in touch with relatives, research family history, and much more. Read all about its services in our MyHeritage review.