After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Living DNA and WeGene are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Living DNA and WeGene, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- High-quality FDA-approved Genotek at-home DNA testing kit
- Custom-designed high-density Affymetrix processing chips
- Simple testing process/highly accurate and reliable results
- Price: $74.00
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alan on 10/17/2018My daughter in law did the transfer to WeGene from 23andme. Its been about three months now and she has Zero cousin matches. I know something is wrong because I see more than a dozen matches on GEDmatch with WeGene test kits. Also there is no link to contact any customer service for help.
- Submitted By Linda Reynolds on 04/08/2018I had a ton of questions when I first found Wegene and the support team was nothing short of impressive. So patient and friendly, they answered everything I asked and then some. As far as the actual test is concerned, I got my results in 4 weeks and there’s just a bunch to explore so it can get pretty overwhelming. Long story short, great company with an excellent Asian-centric test. I did have some delivery problems but it was all pretty smooth from there.
- Submitted By Robert Lee on 12/12/2017Been searching for a test like this for ages to tell me more about my Chinese roots. I already did the ancestrydna test so that was pretty convenient since I just transferred my results to wegene and got even more information pretty cheap.
- Submitted By Mary Lou Demaline on 01/13/2019I would not use this company. Bought 2 Dna test for Christmas, only received 1 test. They do not respond to emails. SO basically I paid they ripped me off. Still waiting for a response from December 11, 2018.
- Submitted By Rachel on 12/28/2018DO NOT ORDER from this company I know someone that paid FULL price and after 3 Months still has NOT received their results!!!
- Submitted By Canadian on 12/17/2018I've been waiting a month for Living DNA to ship my two kits. I've emailed them four times and no response. Avoid this company as there is zero customer service and no way of ever getting your kit which is not cheap!
- Submitted By Ken Kaumeyer on 10/21/2018It has now been over 16 weeks since my results were posted online, and I still have not received the book that I paid for. All I get from their customer service people are excuses like “it should be arriving soon”. I am very dissatisfied with my experience with them. I was going to purchase additional testing kits for family members but have dropped that plan because of the poor customer service.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.