After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Helix and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Helix and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tamara on 08/01/2019I have been trying to access my account over a week without success. I have emailed them without a response. The chat help is never online. Are they still in business?
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Sandra on 08/15/2019I ordered two tests in December 2017. I did get results for the mitochondrial and Y DNA. To date only one match to my father which is me. My husband's test has no matches. He has a ton of matches on other sites. I have not had any other communications from this company. I uploaded a test from Ancestry in January 2018. It was my test and I did match my father. It is the only match out of three tests. I guess if I want more matches I will need to upload more tests from Ancestry? Does anyone have matches from this site? Am I doing something wrong or is this site a dead-end?
- Submitted By Joseph Flores on 07/08/2019The best DNA company ever...accurate...on everything...my haplogroups ..im glad i tested with living DNA....23andme lousy always waiting for updates on what my ethnicity might turn out to be!same with all the other sites....not living DNA it gives me every thing on what i am ethnicity wise...thankyou living DNA
- Submitted By Paul Dove on 05/24/2019I uploaded my DNA file, from Ancestry, and my wife's, from 23andme, and then waited and waited. A month later, after progressing through various stages of "testing", the status for both went back to Uploaded and hasn't changed since. No idea why but might be related to me deciding not to continue my membership of their partnering company Find my Past; without the DNA analysis I didn't see any point in continuing with Find my Past but I did expect to get DNA results eventually from Living DNA.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.