After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Helix and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Helix and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By mae on 04/23/2019I am not satisfied with my results at all , it was just a waist of money . I am mixed my mother is Mediterranean , and her mother my (grandmother ) is European such as German( the last name is pitzenbarger) , Norwegian , French . My father is African American and Native American (Choctaw) ancestry his mother looks very mixed . My results that I received were 49% western Africa , Northwestern Europe 18%, Northeastern Europe 10%, Southwestern Europe 10% ,Eastern Africa 4% , Eastern Europe 2% , Italy & Southern Europe 2%. yes, I know my results show that I am Black, white , and some Mediterranean that something I already knew , I really wanted to know exactly what am I. Know I have to do some research and do some more digging . I am not happy with Helix and / or with Geno 2.o .
- Submitted By Kevin on 02/27/2019Very disappointed to find out that the Helix test for Geno 2.0 does not transfer to Family Tree DNA. I can see nothing on their site that would indicate that you will get any SNP results like the old version of the data from Geno 2.30
- Submitted By Kevin Ngo 01/15/2019waste of money, doesn't tell you much that you already know
- Submitted By Brenda Rash on 01/07/2019Rip off!! Paid $165.00 for the kit. They ask health questions. Told me I would have to buy extra to get results. They would not do my dna. Ask for money back, the deducted 10.00 for shipping. I think it’s a scam!! I give it zero stars!
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
- Submitted By JBobela 05/03/2019I submitted my Livingdna test and received an acknowledgement on Jan 8, 2019. I subsequently checked my account and found my dna test was pending with a scheduled completion date of April 2, 2019. So far so good. Then in the beginning of April the problems began. First I couldn’t login—response was that there was an incorrect entry; I couldn’t find a hot button to request password reset on the login page. Once resolved and I logged in, my account did not show any pending or completed tests—my account is there but no tests. Several emails later, I am repeatedly informed there was a system upgrade and all should be resolved. Each time I log in, there are no pending or completed tests. It is May 3, 2019 and I still have nothing. Clearing history and cache does nothing to solve the problem as they suggest. Very disappointed. The grand reviews by major media outlets can’t be true. Stick with the tried and true ancestry sites.
- Submitted By DChane on 03/03/2019Living DNA never received my test and I have been asking for a replacement test or refund and they are not responding. I have been communicating with them via email (the only way I've found to contact them in the US) and they are radio silent after two months. Buyer beware - their support is non-existent.
- Submitted By Steve on 03/01/2019Good results for geneology, have uploaded the dna results into various databases without issue. Everything delivered on time, no problem. Deducted 1 star because the cousin match feature still not running but since you can now upload elsewhere perhaps not a big deal
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.