Living DNA VS CRI Genetics
After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ann Drake on 11/24/2019I tried 23andme, Ancestry.com and CRI Genetics all earlier this year after my mother passed last year. I like my CRI Genetics results best because they are a more honest reflection of who I am and who my ancestors were. The results were all ready in only 3 weeks. ( I did not ask for health genetics.) The Advanced timeline threw me. I still like the results that I have. It would be nice if they could put them on a dated certificate.
- Submitted By Holly Brown on 10/27/2019I used CRI genetics and feel like I got robbed they gave me information that I already knew And they did not dig down to a specific race or where my family came from they just gave general information and areas everything was very vague and nothing made sense I feel like they are a scam and it’s kind a like buyer beware
- Submitted By virginia123 on 10/23/2019I received a refund after waiting and waiting and waiting for my kit and receiving many robo-emails that were full of bs. I spoke with four people and got four different answers. I would not recommend this company.
- Submitted By Kevin OConnor on 10/10/2019I am having a lot of doubts about the accuracy of their report. To general info and seems they have an algorithm that just places people in blocks such as Northern Europe, Northwest Europe, British Isles. Each block takes in 10 countries so you won't know anything about your ancestry.
- Submitted By Sandra on 08/15/2019I ordered two tests in December 2017. I did get results for the mitochondrial and Y DNA. To date only one match to my father which is me. My husband's test has no matches. He has a ton of matches on other sites. I have not had any other communications from this company. I uploaded a test from Ancestry in January 2018. It was my test and I did match my father. It is the only match out of three tests. I guess if I want more matches I will need to upload more tests from Ancestry? Does anyone have matches from this site? Am I doing something wrong or is this site a dead-end?
- Submitted By Joseph Flores on 07/08/2019The best DNA company ever...accurate...on everything...my haplogroups ..im glad i tested with living DNA....23andme lousy always waiting for updates on what my ethnicity might turn out to be!same with all the other sites....not living DNA it gives me every thing on what i am ethnicity wise...thankyou living DNA
- Submitted By Paul Dove on 05/24/2019I uploaded my DNA file, from Ancestry, and my wife's, from 23andme, and then waited and waited. A month later, after progressing through various stages of "testing", the status for both went back to Uploaded and hasn't changed since. No idea why but might be related to me deciding not to continue my membership of their partnering company Find my Past; without the DNA analysis I didn't see any point in continuing with Find my Past but I did expect to get DNA results eventually from Living DNA.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.