After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dean Jackson on 11/24/2018I was pondering for quite a while whether to order just the ancestry test or both and I ended up taking the double route in the end. My monthly budget really felt that 200 bucks hit but it was so worth it. As a person with a bunch of health problems i need all the help I can find and learning how my dna affects it is definitely a plus in my book. Wasn’t too interested in the ancestry part but you can’t order one without the other and i would really like to see the company offering this possibility as well.
- Submitted By Laura Merrick on 08/11/2018Excellent tests that allowed me to go back in time and see where my ancestors came from and where my dna actually began. I also bought one for my brother so that we can also test the paternal dna line and learn more about that side of the family as well. Definitely recommend it if you’re interested in learning more about your and the history of your family.
- Submitted By Rachel on 12/28/2018DO NOT ORDER from this company I know someone that paid FULL price and after 3 Months still has NOT received their results!!!
- Submitted By Canadian on 12/17/2018I've been waiting a month for Living DNA to ship my two kits. I've emailed them four times and no response. Avoid this company as there is zero customer service and no way of ever getting your kit which is not cheap!
- Submitted By Ken Kaumeyer on 10/21/2018It has now been over 16 weeks since my results were posted online, and I still have not received the book that I paid for. All I get from their customer service people are excuses like “it should be arriving soon”. I am very dissatisfied with my experience with them. I was going to purchase additional testing kits for family members but have dropped that plan because of the poor customer service.
- Submitted By Frank Langermann on 09/04/2018LivingDNA is the best test for anyone with Jewish ancestry. On scam sites like 23andMe and AncestryDNA, they just tell you some nonsense like you're "96% Ashkenazi Jewish." Many if not most Jews and gentiles alike are totally ignorant about the ethnic origins of Ashkenazi Jews. On LivingDNA they actually tell you WHAT your ACTUAL ethnic breakdown is. Here are my results: Europe 70.1% Europe (North and West) 37.9% France 35.8% Germanic 2.1% Europe (South) 20.2% Tuscany 10.3% South Italy 5.1% Iberian Peninsula 4.8% Great Britain and Ireland 9.3% England and Wales 9.3% Europe (East) 2.7% Northeast Europe 2.7% Near East 28% Levant 16.6% Iran 6.4% North Turkey 3% South Turkey 2% Asia (South) 1.9% Pashtun 1.9%
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.