There are great differences between canine DNA testing companies, primarily in the variety of tests they provide, but also in the scope of those tests. Our comparison of Live Well Testing and Embark will show you just how different two companies can be while providing the same kind of service. Things like the number of breeds checked, the quantum of genetic diseases and traits tested for, the method of determining parentage, and many other can differ greatly, thus emphasizing the importance of clearly outlining why you want to order this type of test in the first place. Once you do that, our Live Well Testing VS Embark comparison will do the rest.
- Broadest offer of different testing solutions on the market
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau; approved by the FDA
- Legal and non-legal DNA tests with quick turnaround times
- Price: $139.99
- Cutting-edge testing technology and dog-approved laboratory
- Detailed test with over 256 quadrillion genetic combinations
- Partnership with Cornell University of Veterinary Medicine
- Price: $179.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lorna M FitzHenry on 03/08/2019Do not use! So many are turning to them as our doctors have become difficult in obtaining the test needed to test for gadolinium. I turned to them as they were the recommended "credible" site for collection and obtaining "accurate " results. I had my MRI in Jan. It was horrible. I knew something was wrong and this was only way to know for sure. Unfortunately the lab put post provacative on the comment section, meaning i put a agent inside or had agent inside me at time of testing , therefore presenting the results to my doctors... I became the joke of the day. If you have a issue , there is no one to take your calls. If you try to message and ask questions on results or findings, they tell you to go to your doctor. If the lab messes up as they did me, they do not want to refund, instead "let me see if we can reverse that for you"... 3 weeks later and after its already been submitted to doctors and ssdi... This is not a credible source. Please just go through mayo clinic!
- Submitted By Bonnie B. on 02/26/2019VERY SLOW TO MAIL TEST KIT AND VERY SLOW TO GET RESULTS. Takes a week to get the test kit, and another week to get the results. EXPECT 2 WEEKS TO GET RESULTS! Not acceptable service.
- Submitted By Sam Palanikos on 05/28/2018It is so hard to find a company that actually answers the phone when you call, and have qualified (and friendly) enough to give you information. After calling three other company about my questions regarding this particular test, this company was the only one that spent time and effort to walk me through. At the end I purchased a test that was cheaper than i originally expected. I will be back!
- Submitted By Debbie Lyons on 02/09/2018I like this company because they offer a good variety of tests that you can take at your home. The 5 hormone inbalance tests I took gave me a great report on where my levels were at, where they are in a range from low to high, and how that was affecting me. It took a minute to do the actual test and I got my results in 4 days.
- Submitted By Aepied on 12/17/2018Great test for genetic health - about 170 tests for genetic defect markers and genes. Interesting results for size, behavior, health, and appearance. A complete waste on breed type. We submitted two unrelated purebred dogs with well documented, verified pedigrees. One came back as two breed mix (one correct) and the other as a supermutt with only trace amount of the correct breed. Oh, and dont forget to set your privacy settings as soon as you get your reports - otherwise the world and see them, and they stamp the "alleged breed type" on all the reports, including the genetic ones
- Submitted By Rosemary Trombley on 12/24/2017Not impressed, too many errors
- Submitted By Maria Aniston on 12/20/2017super satisfied with the service! Now we know that my little cupcake part Golden retriever part German Shepherd.
- Submitted By Josh Keenan on 08/15/2017Embark is the best! They showed me grandparents of my little guy and told me he's in risk to get some nasty condition, so we started vet treatments right away.
Embark is a successful startup, coming from two brother scientists who dedicated their lives to studying the genetic background of dog illnesses and traits. Its comprehensive dog DNA test covers breed breakdown, ancestry overview, health reports, professional nutritional recommendations, and much more. Read the complete story here.