There are great differences between canine DNA testing companies, primarily in the variety of tests they provide, but also in the scope of those tests. Our comparison of Live Well Testing and Embark will show you just how different two companies can be while providing the same kind of service. Things like the number of breeds checked, the quantum of genetic diseases and traits tested for, the method of determining parentage, and many other can differ greatly, thus emphasizing the importance of clearly outlining why you want to order this type of test in the first place. Once you do that, our Live Well Testing VS Embark comparison will do the rest.
- Broadest offer of different testing solutions on the market
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau; approved by the FDA
- Legal and non-legal DNA tests with quick turnaround times
- Price: $139.99
- Cutting-edge testing technology and dog-approved laboratory
- Detailed test with over 256 quadrillion genetic combinations
- Partnership with Cornell University of Veterinary Medicine
- Price: $179.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Sam Palanikos on 05/28/2018It is so hard to find a company that actually answers the phone when you call, and have qualified (and friendly) enough to give you information. After calling three other company about my questions regarding this particular test, this company was the only one that spent time and effort to walk me through. At the end I purchased a test that was cheaper than i originally expected. I will be back!
- Submitted By Debbie Lyons on 02/09/2018I like this company because they offer a good variety of tests that you can take at your home. The 5 hormone inbalance tests I took gave me a great report on where my levels were at, where they are in a range from low to high, and how that was affecting me. It took a minute to do the actual test and I got my results in 4 days.
- Submitted By Tom Miller on 09/12/2017I didn't know where to look when I first got to the site. We just needed a quick pregnancy test for my girl, and we hit a jackpot! Great site and a great company!
- Submitted By Jane Goldsmith on 08/11/2017Damn! This site is a trasure box! So many tests and not that expensive when you look the other companies.
- Submitted By Rosemary Trombley on 12/24/2017Not impressed, too many errors
- Submitted By Maria Aniston on 12/20/2017super satisfied with the service! Now we know that my little cupcake part Golden retriever part German Shepherd.
- Submitted By Josh Keenan on 08/15/2017Embark is the best! They showed me grandparents of my little guy and told me he's in risk to get some nasty condition, so we started vet treatments right away.
- Submitted By Alexandra Jackson on 08/11/2017My little snowball is reaching his doggy old age and i did the Embark test to see if he's in risk of some illnesses. Luckily it's just little too heavy for its own good, but we'll work on that. Great service and a really doggy friendly experience.
Embark is a successful startup, coming from two brother scientists who dedicated their lives to studying the genetic background of dog illnesses and traits. Its comprehensive dog DNA test covers breed breakdown, ancestry overview, health reports, professional nutritional recommendations, and much more. Read the complete story here.