After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. iGENEA and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between iGENEA and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
- Submitted By Thomas Wilkinson on 04/21/2017Excellent tests! It's all I imagined it would be and I'm thinking about starting a Wilkinson surname project as well.
- Submitted By Frank Langermann on 09/04/2018LivingDNA is the best test for anyone with Jewish ancestry. On scam sites like 23andMe and AncestryDNA, they just tell you some nonsense like you're "96% Ashkenazi Jewish." Many if not most Jews and gentiles alike are totally ignorant about the ethnic origins of Ashkenazi Jews. On LivingDNA they actually tell you WHAT your ACTUAL ethnic breakdown is. Here are my results: Europe 70.1% Europe (North and West) 37.9% France 35.8% Germanic 2.1% Europe (South) 20.2% Tuscany 10.3% South Italy 5.1% Iberian Peninsula 4.8% Great Britain and Ireland 9.3% England and Wales 9.3% Europe (East) 2.7% Northeast Europe 2.7% Near East 28% Levant 16.6% Iran 6.4% North Turkey 3% South Turkey 2% Asia (South) 1.9% Pashtun 1.9%
- Submitted By Samantha Myers on 05/20/2018I've bought this test for my dad who's in his 70's and he was able to figure it out himself and mail it to the lab. That's how simple it is. He got a notification when the company received the sample and was absolutely thrilled with the results. I ordered one for myself as well in the meantime and I'm currently waiting for it to arrive at my address.
- Submitted By Lauren Woods on 05/18/2018Reliable and accurate information that allowed me to learn a lot about my roots and brought some unexpected discoveries to say the least. I've purchased these tests for family members, and their results perfectly sync up with mine. Accuracy and professionalism at its best!
- Submitted By Randy Graham on 05/18/2018Investigating my ancestry became a hobby of mine without me even realizing it. I've spend well over a thousand dollars on different DNA tests and I just recently found out about one that focuses on British heritage. I snatched this bad boy as soon as I got the chance and received an amazingly accurate ethnic overview, which corroborates my previous findings to the letter. Great company, definitely recommend if you're aware of your British inheritance and want to explore it further.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.