After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. iGENEA and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between iGENEA and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
- Submitted By Thomas Wilkinson on 04/21/2017Excellent tests! It's all I imagined it would be and I'm thinking about starting a Wilkinson surname project as well.
- Submitted By Sandra on 08/15/2019I ordered two tests in December 2017. I did get results for the mitochondrial and Y DNA. To date only one match to my father which is me. My husband's test has no matches. He has a ton of matches on other sites. I have not had any other communications from this company. I uploaded a test from Ancestry in January 2018. It was my test and I did match my father. It is the only match out of three tests. I guess if I want more matches I will need to upload more tests from Ancestry? Does anyone have matches from this site? Am I doing something wrong or is this site a dead-end?
- Submitted By Joseph Flores on 07/08/2019The best DNA company ever...accurate...on everything...my haplogroups ..im glad i tested with living DNA....23andme lousy always waiting for updates on what my ethnicity might turn out to be!same with all the other sites....not living DNA it gives me every thing on what i am ethnicity wise...thankyou living DNA
- Submitted By Paul Dove on 05/24/2019I uploaded my DNA file, from Ancestry, and my wife's, from 23andme, and then waited and waited. A month later, after progressing through various stages of "testing", the status for both went back to Uploaded and hasn't changed since. No idea why but might be related to me deciding not to continue my membership of their partnering company Find my Past; without the DNA analysis I didn't see any point in continuing with Find my Past but I did expect to get DNA results eventually from Living DNA.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.