After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. iGENEA and Living DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between iGENEA and Living DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By elefterios on 10/01/2018Try and avoid using this service. Igenea released a falsified report on Slavic Macedonian DNA claiming that it was related to Ancient Macedonian. They could not provide an ancient macedonian marker or reference point because it does not exist. They were paid by the VMRO a considerable amount of money to release a falsified report. Roman Scholz is a shonk and he cannot provide the reference material. Fraudulent firm and fraudulent findings. Do not waste your money.
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
- Submitted By JBobela 05/03/2019I submitted my Livingdna test and received an acknowledgement on Jan 8, 2019. I subsequently checked my account and found my dna test was pending with a scheduled completion date of April 2, 2019. So far so good. Then in the beginning of April the problems began. First I couldn’t login—response was that there was an incorrect entry; I couldn’t find a hot button to request password reset on the login page. Once resolved and I logged in, my account did not show any pending or completed tests—my account is there but no tests. Several emails later, I am repeatedly informed there was a system upgrade and all should be resolved. Each time I log in, there are no pending or completed tests. It is May 3, 2019 and I still have nothing. Clearing history and cache does nothing to solve the problem as they suggest. Very disappointed. The grand reviews by major media outlets can’t be true. Stick with the tried and true ancestry sites.
- Submitted By DChane on 03/03/2019Living DNA never received my test and I have been asking for a replacement test or refund and they are not responding. I have been communicating with them via email (the only way I've found to contact them in the US) and they are radio silent after two months. Buyer beware - their support is non-existent.
- Submitted By Steve on 03/01/2019Good results for geneology, have uploaded the dna results into various databases without issue. Everything delivered on time, no problem. Deducted 1 star because the cousin match feature still not running but since you can now upload elsewhere perhaps not a big deal
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.