iGENEA VS Family Tree DNA
Contrary to popular belief, all ancestry DNA testing companies are not the same. Even the best of them put stronger accents on different areas of service. iGENEA and Family Tree DNA are among the top-ranked ancestry DNA testing providers on the market, but one will always be a better choice, depending on your particular needs. You should primarily identify the most important thing you'd like to "take away" from the experience of ancestry exploration and our comparative outline will take care of the rest. Take a look at some key differences between iGENEA and Family Tree DNA and the best course of action will be more than clear.
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
- Submitted By Thomas Wilkinson on 04/21/2017Excellent tests! It's all I imagined it would be and I'm thinking about starting a Wilkinson surname project as well.
- Submitted By tonni chinn on 11/11/2019I had My mother my aunt and Me, I have found this site is very difficult to navigate and get any use ful information form the test we have done ( $+ 1,000.00) an constant up selling. of Which I would Neved use this sit again. There are Much better sites easy to use and with more information
- Submitted By Lisa Rollins on 04/02/2019My boyfriend and I mailed in our Family Tree DNA results together on same day. My boyfriend rec'd notice from FT DNA about 1 week later that his kit was rec'd and he got his test results back in about 3 weeks. It took about 3 or 4 weeks for FTDNA just to send me notice that my kit was received and after two (2) months, I still have not gotten any results back. I had to contact them as I received no word or any explanation. I asked for a refund as I do not trust results at this point and I was told that my kit was just caught up in a "general delay" and they "don't do refunds". Why it took my boyfriend 3 weeks and here I am 9 weeks later... still waiting in SC.
- Submitted By Laurie Bates on 04/02/2019I sent my DNA in which was received on Feb. 25, the timetable for my results was March, then their was a delay posting and they would not get to my DNA for processing until April 1-15. Now today, April 2, there is a posting that there is another delay with dates to get to my DNA for processing is April 15 - April 30. What is up with these delays? I tried their chat at 11:30am, and found them off line. I have never seen such run around for DNA testing, this is not my first time. With their chat off and these delays, I'm thinking I got taken to the cleaners with this one. No legit company comes up with such delays going out past 60 days and turns off their chat during listed business hours. So from my experience, don't spend money for something that will just be delayed over and over. I am extremely disappointed. I have to list at least 1 star in order to post, otherwise, there would be minus stars.
- Submitted By ARCADIO DE JESUS on 01/25/2019I have done testing with 23andMe, Ancestry an and FTDNA, and believe me, there isn't any way, that 23andMe and Ancestry can compare, with FTDNA. If you test your DNA with FTDNA, and you give them the ok, they will send it to National Geographic for more testing.
Family Tree DNA is a clear-cut winner for anyone aiming at far-reaching research. The abundance of tests and bundled packages - alongside innovative tools and a widespread community - offers in-depth ancestry insights and relative-matching possibilities. Learn all about the service in our comprehensive Family Tree DNA review.