iGENEA VS DDC DNA Diagnostics
After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. iGENEA and DDC DNA Diagnostics are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between iGENEA and DDC DNA Diagnostics, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
- Submitted By Thomas Wilkinson on 04/21/2017Excellent tests! It's all I imagined it would be and I'm thinking about starting a Wilkinson surname project as well.
- Submitted By Eden on 12/03/2019I am very satisfied with the customer service i got. My sales rep Michelle Sexton was very professional and helped me out alot. Rating her customer service at 100% and beyond thank you
- Submitted By Nabi on 10/22/2019One of the most corrupted companies I have ever seen. They are very happily taking your money in a minute, promise you to do the job within couple of days and then will totally forget about you. You will be calling them and they will not even answer your call. I would definitely not recommend anyone to do the DNA test with these guys.
- Submitted By tori maricelli on 09/10/2019I talked to service rep Michelle Sexton and she was great and helped me through the whole process. I did not do a conventional test on one of the subjects. DNA was collected off an item that belonged to one of the parties. All of customer service agents were great and showed me compassion and caring. All went well except one little hiccup which was that one of the lab techs gave me the wrong day on when results would be in. A manager got in touch with me and explained the mix up and apologized profusely. I paid extra to have the test kit sent over night and they paid for me to ship back over night which was fantastic. I had to pay a little extra for testing due to the one sample being taken from an item other than cheek swab. All in all I was satisfied and would recommend and although I hope I NEVER have to do this again, I would use this lab. I would also recommend shipping and receiving OVER NIGHT mail. It was well worth the money and peace of mind we now have. God bless
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
iGENEA is a Swiss DNA testing provider launched in 2006. The main idea behind the company is to bridge the gap between historical, anthropological, and genetic achievements in order to provide the best possible picture of the origins of the people currently inhabiting European soil. Read all about its services in our iGENEA review.