If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether HomeDNA or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether HomeDNA or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By Jack Green on 07/29/2017The support staff was very patient and answered all of my questions. The guys really know their stuff.
- Submitted By Ian Atkins on 07/05/2017I really liked that I could just upload my results from 23andme and take it from there.
- Submitted By Nina on 07/22/2018I thought it was cool but it said I have a thin hair gene but my hair is really thick and it said I don’t tan easily but I do, I’m half Italian and half European.. so it makes me question the other results. Oh and I had a major unibrow before waxing but it said I was in the normal, but believe me this caterpillar is anything but normal
- Submitted By Louis LaVecchia on 01/26/2018For the price, I felt I got a boiler plate test that tells me nothing what I was led to believe I would receive.
- Submitted By Diana on 01/20/2018One of the worst companies I have done business with in a long time. They sell product that they don’t have licenses to sell, but expect the customer to wait (as they hold your money) while they try to get the license. I had to ask 3 times for a refund. The told me that they refunded my money, but it hasn’t hit my bank account. If they are this bad at running their business, I have serious doubt about the results of their tests.
- Submitted By Jaime M on 01/17/2018I was really excited about the Fuel test to help be understand my nutrition needs from a DNA perspective. Unfortunately I did not learn anything from this that I did not learn from the food pyramid in elementary school. All advice was common sense and very generic. I had expected to gain more insight on things I should and should not be eating. I did not receive any insight as to how I should be handling my nutrition needs.
Orig3n Inc. is a revolutionary startup company specializing in biotechnology and regenerative medicine. It is constantly making new breakthroughs in developing advanced treatments for rare genetic conditions science knows very little about. Based on Nobel Prize winning technology, its work may usher in a new era of modern medicine.