After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. HomeDNA and iGENEA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between HomeDNA and iGENEA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
- Usage of Family Tree DNA testing facility and user database
- 3 DNA testing solutions with highly detailed and accurate results
- Free consultations with experts and competent user support
- Price: $213.99
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By Jack Green on 07/29/2017The support staff was very patient and answered all of my questions. The guys really know their stuff.
- Submitted By Ian Atkins on 07/05/2017I really liked that I could just upload my results from 23andme and take it from there.
- Submitted By elefterios on 10/01/2018Try and avoid using this service. Igenea released a falsified report on Slavic Macedonian DNA claiming that it was related to Ancient Macedonian. They could not provide an ancient macedonian marker or reference point because it does not exist. They were paid by the VMRO a considerable amount of money to release a falsified report. Roman Scholz is a shonk and he cannot provide the reference material. Fraudulent firm and fraudulent findings. Do not waste your money.
- Submitted By Paul Anderson on 08/22/2017I definitely discovered a lot about my jewish ancestors but the test was so damn expensive.
- Submitted By Josh O'Neal on 07/13/2017The whole procedure was pretty quick and I even got the hard copy of the results.
- Submitted By Kim Reeves on 06/05/2017The site is just a mess I couldn't find anything I wanted to know so I had to call the support guys to help me out.
Owned by DNA Diagnostics Center Inc., HomeDNA offers a wide range of health, animal, and ancestry DNA testing solutions The company incorporates the most advanced robotics technology into DNA sequencing and provides 100% accurate and error-free results. Learn all about its offer in our dedicated HomeDNA review.