After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. HomeDNA and EasyDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between HomeDNA and EasyDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Nicholas Watson on 09/05/2018The kit is very easy to use and I managed to collect my sample in under a minute following the instructions. I’ll post an update here once I receive my results regarding the accuracy. The user support could be a bit quicker, though, but at least the answers I received were very knowledgeable instead of something generic I usually get from companies like this one.
- Submitted By Edward Allen on 08/21/2018I was always fascinated with history of different parts of the world and how people who live there now aren’t originally from those parts. HomeDNA test showed some results I already suspected it would, but also gave me a lot of information I wouldn’t dream of. Highly recommend it to everyone interested in their family history and origins.
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By John on 13/02/2019Pathetic. First call was disconnected with no answer. Second call sounded the same with the ringer sounding like it was from some dilapidated dwelling in a Third World country. Upon speaking with the person, they had a British accent, even though I dialed a US number. The person on the call had a hard time understanding English. The process explained to test me and another individual in another country was as convoluted as could be. Whole thing sounds like a SCAM!!! STAY AWAY AND DO NOT TRUST OR USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
Owned by DNA Diagnostics Center Inc., HomeDNA offers a wide range of health, animal, and ancestry DNA testing solutions The company incorporates the most advanced robotics technology into DNA sequencing and provides 100% accurate and error-free results. Learn all about its offer in our dedicated HomeDNA review.