After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and HomeDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and HomeDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ann Drake on 11/24/2019I tried 23andme, Ancestry.com and CRI Genetics all earlier this year after my mother passed last year. I like my CRI Genetics results best because they are a more honest reflection of who I am and who my ancestors were. The results were all ready in only 3 weeks. ( I did not ask for health genetics.) The Advanced timeline threw me. I still like the results that I have. It would be nice if they could put them on a dated certificate.
- Submitted By Holly Brown on 10/27/2019I used CRI genetics and feel like I got robbed they gave me information that I already knew And they did not dig down to a specific race or where my family came from they just gave general information and areas everything was very vague and nothing made sense I feel like they are a scam and it’s kind a like buyer beware
- Submitted By virginia123 on 10/23/2019I received a refund after waiting and waiting and waiting for my kit and receiving many robo-emails that were full of bs. I spoke with four people and got four different answers. I would not recommend this company.
- Submitted By Kevin OConnor on 10/10/2019I am having a lot of doubts about the accuracy of their report. To general info and seems they have an algorithm that just places people in blocks such as Northern Europe, Northwest Europe, British Isles. Each block takes in 10 countries so you won't know anything about your ancestry.
- Submitted By Nicholas Watson on 09/05/2018The kit is very easy to use and I managed to collect my sample in under a minute following the instructions. I’ll post an update here once I receive my results regarding the accuracy. The user support could be a bit quicker, though, but at least the answers I received were very knowledgeable instead of something generic I usually get from companies like this one.
- Submitted By Edward Allen on 08/21/2018I was always fascinated with history of different parts of the world and how people who live there now aren’t originally from those parts. HomeDNA test showed some results I already suspected it would, but also gave me a lot of information I wouldn’t dream of. Highly recommend it to everyone interested in their family history and origins.
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
CRI Genetics is one of the rare at-home testing providers that allow its users to discover their ancient genetic origins up to 200,000 years in the past and complement their daily health regimens with concrete genetic recommendations. Learn everything about this company and its impressive features in this honest CRI Genetics review.