After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. DNA Worldwide and GPS Origins are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between DNA Worldwide and GPS Origins, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Impressive portfolio of at-home/legal DNA testing solutions
- Highly experienced professional team with Dr. Pascal Kintz
- Modern processing laboratory with numerous accreditations
- Price: $138.11
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jenna Larson on 11/13/2017Surefire way of testing the workers for drugs and alcohol. Been cooperating with the company for a year now and think I'm gonna stick around.
- Submitted By Jack Monroe on 10/01/2017Had some troubles ordering internationally, but it all worked out in the end.
- Submitted By User 17,064 on 04/22/2017DNA Worldwide helped me with my application and nobody ever doubted the results.
- Submitted By Roy Barns on 08/20/2019GPS Origins is a unique test that offers to show you the migration route of your ancestors, plural. It's really cool because it connects the genetics with history and tries to explain why your ancestors moved in a certain way, based on whatever happened in the world during that time. For me, I learned that one side of my family moved from Croatia to Ukraine to Germany (the last part is true for sure!) because the Kingdom of Hungary was expanding and people moved out, some to participate in the crusades and others were looking for business opportunities. The other side of my family, Russian, was also spot on and also had a cool historical tale. The point of this test is that it allows you to go beyond your personal record and tell the story of both sides of your family. My criticism is that it doesn't involve ancient DNA, which is out there so it's sort of limited to modern day, but no one so far came up with a test that uses ancient DNA. Also, it helps if you know your mitochondria and Y haplogroups in advance, but these are not part of the test, which is autosomal. It's only $39 per upload, which is a good price for money.
- Submitted By Corinne Hollingsead on 11/19/2018I have used a few DNA testing kits and I have done my family tree. This site gave me inaccurate information. Without a doubt it is off. My father is 100 percent Italian and it did not read any Italian in my DNA. The other tests did. I do not recommend this test.
- Submitted By Justin Bryant on 10/15/2018I got my report much faster than with other similar services and the report pretty much matches what I already found out. I was hoping to see a site that could indicate the locations of my living and deceased relatives, but that’s not a thing apparently.
- Submitted By Nancy Roberts on 09/17/2018I was pleasantly surprised when my results showed separate percentages for my English and Scottish ancestry. It also pinpointed to an exact village where my ancestors with different backgrounds met for the first time, as well as their migration paths. Excellent service and a very informative report.
DNA Worldwide is a renowned DNA testing provider founded in 2004 and registered in England and Wales. The company offers a wide variety of DNA testing solutions, including relationship, immigration, ancestry, and hair drug & alcohol tests. Read our dedicated DNA Worldwide review to learn all about the company and its unique services.