After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. GPS Origins and DDC DNA Diagnostics are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between GPS Origins and DDC DNA Diagnostics, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- One of the most accurate tests with 800,000+ SNP checked
- 31 world regions covered with 1,000+ reference populations
- Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA, Nat Geo, and 23andMe transfers
- Price: $69.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By JS on 06/09/2018I don't know how this could get anything above one star. This technology supposedly "proved" that Ashkenazi Jews originated in Northeast Turkey, yet I'm 100% Ashkenazi and my test showed that I'm 50% Palestinian, 50% Spanish. While this is "true" in the sense that my genetic makeup is roughly halfway between the Levant and SW Europe, it obviously does not reflect my literal ancestry, which is much more complex. The generic descriptions it gave me told me that one of my "parent" ancestors had migrated to the Levant during the 14th-15th centuries from Egypt, while my other "parent" ancestors had migrated from Southern France to Spain between 1,000 and 2,,000 years ago. It gave me very random and ultimately meaningless %s of different "ancestry" that didn't make sense with my actual ancestry or even with the regional migrations they gave me. This might be useful for someone with very homogeneous background,, I honestly can't say, but it was almost meaningless for me.
- Submitted By Candice on 04/05/20182 Stars is being generous. This is not detailed you get details about the top 3 regions only. On its pinpoint map then it is broken down two one grouping for each parent. My mother has very Homogenized background. But, my father has a very very Heterogenous background. The results are nowhere as good as the results from Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, MyHeritage, or Gedmatch. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE if you have already had a DNA test us another site that is free for comparison.
- Submitted By Roi Levi on 11/19/2017Remarkable accuracy! I had to call my parents to make sure no one talked to them and made up these results. I have Italian and German origins that start in the Middle East and Russia. The results are way more interesting than all these 5% this and 4% that. I mean, who cares?
- Submitted By Logan Reeves on 09/06/2017The migration maps are really engaging and the results even placed my first dna relative in a small village in France.
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Latonya Waterman on 05/05/2018Excellent Service. My fiancee had concerns of whether his oldest daughter was his. We dad father-child and let's just say I have four sons and now loving my two stepdaughters. Thanks DDC for your excellent services.
- Submitted By Susy day on 04/14/2018My deceased ex husband had a woman say he was her daughters father for 37 years. The daughter had a test done using his and her blood test came back (0) not his. Both of my kids are relieved and his family just thought for sure was his daughter. Well not his thank you Jesus now maybe the daughter of the woman’s can finally find the real father after all of the years . Good luck your going to need it .
- Submitted By Caro on 03/28/2018Horrible service. I wrote a review on their page and they deleted it. I paid for fast 2 day service and its been 1 week and still waiting on Results.
GPS Origins is an ancestry DNA test created by Dr. Eran Elhaik and distributed by DNA Diagnostics Center. Its main asset is the most specific pinpointing of the location of your genetic origins, sometimes even indicating the exact town or village where your DNA signature stems from. Read all about the specifics of GPS Origins in our in-depth review.