If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Futura Genetics or Orig3n is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Futura Genetics or Orig3n meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Numerous certifications (CLIA, ISO 9001, and ISO 15189)
- Professional staff with over 15 years of experience
- Test inspects SNPs for 28 different genetic diseases
- Price: $375.00
- Shipping:Shipping - free worldwide
- Unique portfolio of progressive and highly accurate DNA tests
- State-of-the-art testing facilities and highly professional staff
- Constant research on treating rare and obscure genetic diseases
- Price: $29.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Gail Brien on 05/12/2018So far I have had no response from the company to my questions. No-one came to pick up my sample on 8 May 2018. I am trying again on 15 May 2018. I am not at all impressed so far. Gail Brien
- Submitted By Dan Sela on 08/21/2018Dear Gail, To follow up on your comment - after a mistake was made by the local shipping company, we rescheduled the pickup and you received our cutting-edge DNA test as well as our full comprehensive report by June 10th which is pretty good time, taking into account the distance to Australia :) We wanted to ensure any other customers that we at Futura Genetics greatly appreciate your time and know how frustrating a no-show on behalf of a shipping company can be. We put a lot of effort into making sure that mistakes like that are reduced to a minimum and when they unfortunately occur are taken care of in the fastest way possible. Thank you for using our service, we hope the information was beneficial to you and we look forward to providing you with more products in the future! Censirely, Dan Sela Business Development Team email@example.com Futura Genetics
- Submitted By Glenn Adams on 09/13/2017I've also tested with 23andme and I couldn't believe these guys pick up the kit themselves.
- Submitted By Lanna Carter on 08/19/2017Excellent service and pretty clear results. I only wish they offer results in more languages.
- Submitted By MARIA McDavid on 10/11/2019Been 6 weeks no results not even an email.
- Submitted By Jan on 06/01/2019I purchased a test through the Noom app. That was February of this year (2019) but I took a bit before swabbing and submitting, about 6 weeks. But since I downloaded the app for my phone, scanned the CPU from my kit and mailed it, I have yet to hear anything from this company. It is now the beginning of June. So, submitted about over 2 months ago and I have nothing to show for it except a charge on my credit card. Not happy. If I could give no stars I would.
- Submitted By Sam on 02/23/2019I ordered the Noom Weight loss DNA test on November 7, 2018. It arrived quickly. I sent my swab in the mail two weeks later. They never received it at the lab, so when I sent an email to inquire about it they simply sent me a new one. I did the new swab and sent it within the week that time. I got an email January 4 that they received it, and then another on the 7 that they started processing it. So at this point I had already spent two months just trying to get them the sample... They say it takes them 4-6 weeks to process, so at 5 1/2 weeks I wrote asking where my sample was at in the process. I got the same email described below by a few fellow reviewers from Phyllis Francis on Feb 15. It seems like a blanket response they send to everyone. Regardless, I still have not heard back from the “lab” what the holdup is. I wrote again today because it has been more than 6 weeks since they received the sample and I have not gotten an update. Will report back as this continues to develop. But overall customer service is terrible.
- Submitted By Kendall on 02/06/2019I purchased two tests in late November and sent them to Orig3ns on November 30. The following week I received confirmations that they had received both tests and I would have my reports in about 4 weeks.After 5 weeks I followed up by email and was told by Phyllis Francis:"Thank you for reaching out. We wanted to let you know that we appreciate your patience. Our lab team has generated a partial report and are still working on the last few genes. I do apologize you have not yet received your results. We do our best to deliver results in 4 to 6 weeks but sometimes experience delays due to the number of swabs we're processing and the quality of the sample we receive. I have noted both your swabs for the lab to determine the cause for delay.Each individual is unique and some DNA is also harder to extract than others but we always make multiple attempts and may need to mail you a new swab free of charge. If this is the case we will follow-up to confirm your mailing address."Two weeks later no results so I followed up again. Phyllis' response: "I do apologize, I am still waiting to hear back from the lab. Additionally, I refunded your order due to the delay"I asked if I should still expect my results and she said yes.Two weeks later, still no results. It has now been 8 weeks since they were received and 4 weeks since I was told they were almost done. I followed up with an inquiry and Phyllis response was:"The lab is a bit backed up but still running your samples. I do not have an ETA."So if you are truly interested in receiving results, don't waste your money on this company. I am now suspicious about what they are really doing with my DNA.
Orig3n Inc. is a revolutionary startup company specializing in biotechnology and regenerative medicine. It is constantly making new breakthroughs in developing advanced treatments for rare genetic conditions science knows very little about. Based on Nobel Prize winning technology, its work may usher in a new era of modern medicine.