After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Helix and Family Tree DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Helix and Family Tree DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Processing laboratories with CLIA & CAP accreditations
- Impressive variety of different DNA testing solutions
- Experienced team of scientists and genetic advisors
- Price: $59.99
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By David Kiehl on 03/24/2018Helix charges $13.67 for 2 day Fed Ex delivery. Don't do it the ground shipping is faster Complaint to Helix with response "Dang Lu
Sat 3/24/2018, 12:32 AM Hello David, Based on the order history, it looks like the order was placed on 3/21/2018 at 5:05 PM which would be too late for FedEx to pick up the package. The order was fulfilled and picked up by FedEx on 3/22/2018. Once FedEx picks up the order, it is out of Helix's hands on the shipping portion. I understand your frustration, however cannot provide a refund for the shipping. Thank you, Dang Lu Helix Customer Care My response to Helix I guess I am confused. Your site states 2-day shipping, I paid you, not Fed Ex for 2-day shipping. Therefore you are legally responsible for the guarantee for 2-day shipping. I appreciate your offer for a discount which should be in conjunction with a refund, for a service that you offer but was not fulfilled. I am very unhappy with your substandard business practices and will keep this in mind before using your company again. Rest assured, I will be certain to inform potential customers as well as legal authorities of this travesty & illegal practice. I would strongly suggest a disclaimer stating that due to using an unreliable shipping partner, or total apathy by Helix or Fed Express, that rush 2-day delivery will most likely arrive after our usual 5-7 day ground shipping. Not including delays due to weather, flocks of migratory birds or butterflies, the occasional person tying helium balloons to a lounge chair and infiltrating airspace whether occupied by aircraft or not and any other lame excuse we can concoct.
- Submitted By Ian Black on 03/11/2018Can't believe this! I just did the test and all of a sudden, I can order a bunch more without having to do pretty much anything.
- Submitted By Jayna Moore on 01/27/2018Great choice, great prices, superb service!
- Submitted By Jake Thomas on 12/22/2017The kit took a while to arrive but it was smooth sailing from there.
- Submitted By Robert ONeil on 05/21/2018total rip off. DNA extremely expensive compared to other websites and no DNA results. Very lazy, confusing website. Contacting customer service and get the nastiest individuals God ever created. For 10 years as a customer, their patented answer is nobody in my family tree gets their Dna analyzed. Not a single person. Really! While the other two websites I use are updating new names all the time. I quit using this website as this is not a Dna testing site. IT IS A NASTY VIRUS! I can't believe they are highly rated here . This website must be owned by Family Tree DNA for them to give even one 5 star rating.
- Submitted By Vernon Williams on 02/11/2018If I had a PhD in genetics, I’d analyze my DNA myself, I wouldn’t ask you to do it for me. Fortunately, the lady from customer support was nice enough to explain a couple of things so it wasn’t a total waste of money.
- Submitted By Gerald Chamberlain on 02/09/2018I didn’t understand the results, they seemed inaccurate and the customer support was really not eager to help. If they expect me to give them so much money, they could at least explain the results so I could get at least something for my money.
- Submitted By Samantha Watkins on 01/29/2018Yeah, according to this company, my children, whom I gave birth to, and I, their biological mother, have absolutely nothing in common. Can’t believe I paid for this.
Helix is a DNA testing hub that incorporates the testing portfolios of numerous companies and puts them all under one roof, resulting in probably the most impressive DNA testing online store on the market. Read our dedicated Helix review to learn all about the company, its impeccable service, and numerous testing solutions.