Ancestry DNA exploration is an exciting journey into the past, but one you must design for yourself. The best way to go about it is mapping the main questions you want to be answered, once the results are complete. Our comparative view of Family Tree DNA and EasyDNA paints the picture of two of the best ancestry DNA testing providers on the market. The journey back will be smooth with either one, yet one will always answer more questions than the other, depending on the "maps" you've drawn for yourself. Read all about databases, region coverage, DNA markers checked, and other result components compared between Family Tree DNA and EasyDNA.
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Rollins on 04/02/2019My boyfriend and I mailed in our Family Tree DNA results together on same day. My boyfriend rec'd notice from FT DNA about 1 week later that his kit was rec'd and he got his test results back in about 3 weeks. It took about 3 or 4 weeks for FTDNA just to send me notice that my kit was received and after two (2) months, I still have not gotten any results back. I had to contact them as I received no word or any explanation. I asked for a refund as I do not trust results at this point and I was told that my kit was just caught up in a "general delay" and they "don't do refunds". Why it took my boyfriend 3 weeks and here I am 9 weeks later... still waiting in SC.
- Submitted By Laurie Bates on 04/02/2019I sent my DNA in which was received on Feb. 25, the timetable for my results was March, then their was a delay posting and they would not get to my DNA for processing until April 1-15. Now today, April 2, there is a posting that there is another delay with dates to get to my DNA for processing is April 15 - April 30. What is up with these delays? I tried their chat at 11:30am, and found them off line. I have never seen such run around for DNA testing, this is not my first time. With their chat off and these delays, I'm thinking I got taken to the cleaners with this one. No legit company comes up with such delays going out past 60 days and turns off their chat during listed business hours. So from my experience, don't spend money for something that will just be delayed over and over. I am extremely disappointed. I have to list at least 1 star in order to post, otherwise, there would be minus stars.
- Submitted By ARCADIO DE JESUS on 01/25/2019I have done testing with 23andMe, Ancestry an and FTDNA, and believe me, there isn't any way, that 23andMe and Ancestry can compare, with FTDNA. If you test your DNA with FTDNA, and you give them the ok, they will send it to National Geographic for more testing.
- Submitted By K. Horkey on 01/14/2019I was able to upload my autosomal DNA file from Ancestry and get my matches for free. I paid $19.99 to have my Origins and Ancient Origins report. The ethnicity estimates matched up reasonably close with Ancestry's estimates. It was also interesting to get my Ancient Origins results and learn about ancient history and migrations of my ancestors. It is not a good site, in my opinion, to find relatives, as most people use Ancestry or 23andMe for that. None of my matches were surnames that I recognized, unlike on Ancestry where I was matched with all my relatives that I know in real life. I am glad that I originally took my autosomal test with Ancestry but it was a nice perk to be allowed to use the data to get services from this site.
- Submitted By John on 13/02/2019Pathetic. First call was disconnected with no answer. Second call sounded the same with the ringer sounding like it was from some dilapidated dwelling in a Third World country.Upon speaking with the person, they had a British accent, even though I dialed a US number. The person on the call had a hard time understanding English.The process explained to test me and another individual in another country was as convoluted as could be.Whole thing sounds like a SCAM!!!STAY AWAY AND DO NOT TRUST OR USE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
Family Tree DNA is a clear-cut winner for anyone aiming at far-reaching research. The abundance of tests and bundled packages - alongside innovative tools and a widespread community - offers in-depth ancestry insights and relative-matching possibilities. Learn all about the service in our comprehensive Family Tree DNA review.