There are great differences between canine DNA testing companies, primarily in the variety of tests they provide, but also in the scope of those tests. Our comparison of Embark and DDC Veterinary will show you just how different two companies can be while providing the same kind of service. Things like the number of breeds checked, the quantum of genetic diseases and traits tested for, the method of determining parentage, and many other can differ greatly, thus emphasizing the importance of clearly outlining why you want to order this type of test in the first place. Once you do that, our Embark VS DDC Veterinary comparison will do the rest.
- Cutting-edge testing technology and dog-approved laboratory
- Detailed test with over 256 quadrillion genetic combinations
- Partnership with Cornell University of Veterinary Medicine
- Price: $179.00
- Wide array of different DNA tests for dogs, cats, birds, and horses
- Robotics technology incorporated into executing every test
- Own laboratory and numerous international quality certificates
- Price: $38.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rosemary Trombley on 12/24/2017Not impressed, too many errors
- Submitted By Maria Aniston on 12/20/2017super satisfied with the service! Now we know that my little cupcake part Golden retriever part German Shepherd.
- Submitted By Josh Keenan on 08/15/2017Embark is the best! They showed me grandparents of my little guy and told me he's in risk to get some nasty condition, so we started vet treatments right away.
- Submitted By Alexandra Jackson on 08/11/2017My little snowball is reaching his doggy old age and i did the Embark test to see if he's in risk of some illnesses. Luckily it's just little too heavy for its own good, but we'll work on that. Great service and a really doggy friendly experience.
- Submitted By Alicia B on 08/29/2018I have tested both of my German Shepherds using this site. Quick and speedy results!
- Submitted By Caitlin on 07/25/2018For testing our breeding dogs, DDC has been our go to. Amazing service and great staff members!
- Submitted By Tiffany on 11/30/2017I loved how quickly my samples were processed and that I could receive emails! Fantastic!
- Submitted By Sheila Morris on 07/19/2017Ddc just has it all! We are husky breeders and always get a ddc pedigree certificate for every new litter.
Embark is a successful startup, coming from two brother scientists who dedicated their lives to studying the genetic background of dog illnesses and traits. Its comprehensive dog DNA test covers breed breakdown, ancestry overview, health reports, professional nutritional recommendations, and much more. Read the complete story here.