Our EasyDNA Animal VS Embark comparison will show you what to look for when choosing the best DNA testing company. You'll see just how different two companies can be, each excelling in some areas while lacking in others. Ordering 5 tests simultaneously would definitely take any uncertainty out of the equation, but that's like firing a cannon at a mosquito. If you know exactly what to look for, one test should be more than enough to provide all the necessary answers. That choosing process starts with our detailed comparison of EasyDNA Animal and Embark.
- 6 different dog testing options for both breeders and owners
- 25 company offices and worldwide test kit shipping options
- 99.99% dog DNA testing accuracy with low error potential
- Price: $79.00
- Cutting-edge testing technology and dog-approved laboratory
- Detailed test with over 256 quadrillion genetic combinations
- Partnership with Cornell University of Veterinary Medicine
- Price: $179.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Melanie on 11/13/2018We have a 1 year old American Staffordshire Terrier named Connor who has had rashes and breakouts and swelling around his paws since he was about 4 months old. Since this all started I have tried the elimination diet to see what was causing him to have such a bad allergic reaction but to no avail. Thought he was allergic to grass, or even dust mites, so after researching allergy tests, easyDNA seemed perfect because it fit our price range and wouldn't require anything like the vet would recommend (steroids, or shaving part of his hair off so they can test spots on his skin, etc). About a week after purchasing the kit it arrived and we swabbed Connor's mouth, sent the test back, and three weeks later received the results that not only is he allergic to peas, halibut, and tuna, but he tested negative for grass allergens and dust mites (thank God!) This test is changing Connor's life for the better, because wouldn't you know it, peas is the fifth ingredient in his dog food. I'm more than thankful for this allergy test that easyDNA offered, if your dog is suffering with allergies get the test! Best money I ever spent on him and I'm just grateful his allergens are something we can control without the use of drugs from the vet. Thank you easyDNA!
- Submitted By Jack Landon on 08/21/2017A really neat way of getting a bulletproof breed certificate for an entire litter.
- Submitted By Klaus Schwartz on 07/15/2017I had some questions regarding the parentage test and the user support talked to me in German language and resolved all my doubts.
- Submitted By Ian Blackmoore on 05/09/2017I only wish the test without the mother was a bit cheaper.
- Submitted By Aepied on 12/17/2018Great test for genetic health - about 170 tests for genetic defect markers and genes. Interesting results for size, behavior, health, and appearance. A complete waste on breed type. We submitted two unrelated purebred dogs with well documented, verified pedigrees. One came back as two breed mix (one correct) and the other as a supermutt with only trace amount of the correct breed. Oh, and dont forget to set your privacy settings as soon as you get your reports - otherwise the world and see them, and they stamp the "alleged breed type" on all the reports, including the genetic ones
- Submitted By Rosemary Trombley on 12/24/2017Not impressed, too many errors
- Submitted By Maria Aniston on 12/20/2017super satisfied with the service! Now we know that my little cupcake part Golden retriever part German Shepherd.
- Submitted By Josh Keenan on 08/15/2017Embark is the best! They showed me grandparents of my little guy and told me he's in risk to get some nasty condition, so we started vet treatments right away.
Embark is a successful startup, coming from two brother scientists who dedicated their lives to studying the genetic background of dog illnesses and traits. Its comprehensive dog DNA test covers breed breakdown, ancestry overview, health reports, professional nutritional recommendations, and much more. Read the complete story here.