Dor Yeshorim and JScreen are both non-profit organizations dedicated to carrier screening, education, research, and the ultimate eradication of all recessive Jewish genetic diseases and conditions. Identifying your carrier status can affect not only your life but also the lives of generations to come. These two companies will help you take appropriate measures to ensure a better and healthier life for both you and your children.
Our Dor Yeshorim VS JScreen comparison will help you determine which of these two companies can better meet your specific needs and expectations. For this comparison, we took into consideration the following factors: the scope of DNA testing, average turnaround times, implemented security measures, price-to-value ratio, and the overall experience.
- Screenings for an extensive list of deadly genetic diseases
- Modern processing facility and a highly professional team
- 100% anonymous premarital carrier screening and matching
- Price: $275.00
- Over 200 genetic diseases tested for carrier genes
- Cutting-edge testing facility and 99% test accuracy
- Educational content, free counseling, and financial aid
- Price: $149.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Israel rabinowitz on 03/04//2018I contacted dor yeshorim a week ago with a match and every day they have told me I will get the results the next day. This is ridiculous. While I am usually patient, they keep telling me to call back later and have not contacted me with results yet!
- Submitted By Charlie Aarons on 09/22/2017A great service to get a peace of mind before marriage.
- Submitted By Anne Bresler on 07/29/2017Excellent organization! I only wish they tested for more genetic diseases.
- Submitted By Aram Friedenberg on 07/06/2017Great prices for a really essential testing to make sure I don't transfer something dangerous onto my children.
- Submitted By Sara on 02/28/2018Wow! Exceptional service, extremely professional staff, and a thorough yet simple process. In my opinion, there is no other genetic test I would recommend for anyone who is going to start a family.
- Submitted By JESSICA on 11/1/2017Thrilled with the service that JScreen provided! An exceptional program with incredible staff. Would recommend to everyone.
- Submitted By Frank Singer on 08/29/2017Great test if you wanna make sure you don't pass anything nasty on your children.
- Submitted By Robert Altman on 08/23/2017The whole shabang went pretty quickly and i'm happy with my results. The support people were really nice and had a lot of patience for all my question
Dor Yeshorim is an organization dedicated to eliminating life-threatening and debilitating genetic diseases from the Jewish community. It was founded in 1983 by Rabbi Josef Ekstein and has since grown significantly, constantly expanding its list of carrier-screening panels. Read our full Dor Yeshorim review to learn everything about this noble service.
Scope Of DNA Testing
Dor Yeshorim’s screening panels include only the deadliest and most debilitating Jewish genetic diseases. Its portfolio is split into 3 different panels, including the Standard Ashkenazi Panel (11 diseases), the Sephardi/Mizrahi Panel (18 diseases), and the Optional Panel (9 diseases).
JScreen offers testing for more than 200 genetic diseases, including those not exclusive to the Jewish genetic population. It also tests all females for Fragile X Syndrome without any extra charges.
Test Processing Times
Dor Yeshorim usually generates the final report in 3-4 months for mass and school screenings and within 2-3 weeks for private screenings. Expedited results can be requested for an additional fee. JScreen’s average turnaround time is between 3-4 weeks. Once your results are ready, Emory University will contact you with instructions on how to obtain them.
Privacy & Security
Value For Money
Dor Yeshorim charges 275$ for regular testing, 200$ for school/mass screenings, and 450$ for emergency tests. These numbers are considerably below market price tags. JScreen charges 149$ for its test, which is a better offer on paper since it screens for much more genetic diseases.
This is basically what our Dor Yeshorim Vs. JScreen comparison comes down to. Both companies offer high-quality screening panels with accurate and reliable results, professional consultations, top-tier processing facilities, highly trained teams of experts, budget-friendly prices, and high levels of identity and data security.
One major difference between the two companies lies in the fact that JScreen follows the direct-to-customer model while Dor Yeshorim performs its screenings on numerous preset locations. This maybe makes JScreen’s testing process a bit more comfortable for users since it can be done from the privacy of their homes.