There are many steps to take with ancestry DNA testing before pressing that "order" button. The most important one is realizing what company offers the best service to meet your expectations. Our comparison of AncestryDNA and EasyDNA will demonstrate the main differences between the companies but also teach you how to match your needs with the right provider. Do you want more relatives found or a more accurate ancestry profile? Are you interested in identifying the first human to bear your DNA or in the migration patterns of your ancestors? Answers to these and similar questions can help you make the right choice.
- More than 700,000 DNA markers checked for optimal precision
- Search for potential matches among 7 million DNA signatures
- Download your raw DNA data file to use with other companies
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:35 Countries
- Ultra-modern laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation status
- Extensive list of DNA tests available for worldwide shipping
- Extraordinary accuracy with express turnaround time available
- Price: $119.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Roger Wallen on 08/03/2018Report did not show any native American ancestry and I know it is strong Cherokee. Even some of my Father's cousins have names like White Bird, Red Bud and James Crow. I called the company and was told that it is almost impossible to show native American ancestry, yet they show a commercial where a woman it surprised that she is 27% native American. VERY misleading. They did not even suggest a second test. Probably would be a lot different.
- Submitted By Eve Rogerson on 06/06/2018I think a lot of people turn to AncestryDNA expecting some magical DNA analysis only to end up with more questions. After centuries of marriages/couplings there is no way you can find exactly where your DNA traces back to. For example, with the European DNA, we simply saw western European but there are so many countries there and the people that lived in those countries moved and migrated and mixed with others, that mixed with even more. It would be impossible to directly trace that. Also, If you know anything at all about DNA, you would know that you get a random 50% from each parent...each child will carry a different trait or amount of a trait per parent. For me trying to trace the DNA of my father and I, gave me a few surprising details but our full ethnicity but his was vastly different from my own. After he was matched as my father and he found an older half brother, we opted out of further matching. Having that option gives me something to look forward to in the future but not right now...I don't like surprises and definitely couldn't handle any new additions to our small family.
- Submitted By George c pospisil on 06/03/2018Very disappointing. Results for me... Western Europe, eastern Europe; for my wife from Lebanon, middle eastern. Really? Tell us something specific we didn't know. For example, how many countries are in western Europe? Poor waste of money and spit.
- Submitted By L. E> on 06/03/2018They lie like a rug on a continual basis. I am supposedly to start researching my family members based on information that I have, UH NO. It is so loaded down with federal restraints. I am not impressed. Looking for a backup company to get accurate results for I have my doubts that anything will be of use for me. I have talked to corporate so much and I am very underwhelmed with this company. I am so over calling this company. Go elsewhere!
- Submitted By Carl Morrison on 08/24/2017Everything went as smoothly as possible. Quick order and delivery time, results in just a couple of days.
- Submitted By Earl Peterson on 08/11/2017The results came quickly alright but they are pretty dificult to understand for me. The little coments help a lot tough so I got it in the end.
- Submitted By Jack Williams on 07/08/2017My god these guys have a lot of tests! I didn't know where to turn once I've stumbled upon their site. I've contacted user support before I ordered a paternity test, and they were more than pleasant and helpful. Thanks guys, great job!
- Submitted By Alex Jones on 06/06/2017They could've dish out the free return shipping.
AncestryDNA offers one of the best and most precise ancestry DNA tests on the market, paired with an active online community and billions of historical records to complement your exploration. Learn more about its complete offer in our objective AncestryDNA review.