After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and AncestryDNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and AncestryDNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- More than 700,000 DNA markers checked for optimal precision
- Search for potential matches among 7 million DNA signatures
- Download your raw DNA data file to use with other companies
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:35 Countries
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Riley Tookey on 03/22/2019Don't use this company! CRI is so far off base it is unbelievable. My brothers and sister had there DNA tested and are all similar. CRI did mine and it was totally different. In their ridiculously broad generalizations they claimed a heritage that was completely inaccurate. I could have made this up myself. I doubt they even did any testing. This is a scam!
- Submitted By Steve on 03/09/2019Great company, and very good product, received kit within. days of buying, results up in about 3 weeks of sending my kit in.seem very accurate based on what I know about my family, and also told me a lot of new information bout my health.highly recommend.
- Submitted By Mildred on 02/19/2019Before you buy anything from this company, do a search on the Better Business Bureau's website. It is FULL of complaints and unsatisfied customers. I would not recommend CRI Genetics to anyone!
- Submitted By Gina on 02/19/2019CRI Genetics is a joke - abysmal customer service and questionable test results. We waited *forever* for text results, and when those results/reports came, only PARTS were posted online -- this joke of a company cannot even manage their web content, much less your DNA results! ... Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Sofia on 19/02/2019I have been really disappointed with my results!!!! I am 100% sure I am half Russian and half Italian but the results showed that I am 0% Russian an 27% Italian. Even my Native American results (which were 1%) were higher than Russian! I can not believe it, because my mums side is fully Russian. I hope the company will improve in the future.
- Submitted By Abigail Hunt on 10/15/2018After testing with Family Tree DNA, my husband and I decided to expand our list of relatives and explore the database offered by Ancestry. We found so many new relatives, some of which were located in Europe, out of all places. If you’re adamant about researching your genetic past in-depth, doing a single test is not enough, not by a long shot. Ancestry gave us much more information than FTDNA, but we still have to do the 23andMe test and check their database as well.
- Submitted By Roy Fisher on 09/13/2018Ancestry definitely has the best geographical coverage and can tell you the most about your ancient relatives and overall genetic background. On top of that, it’s also great for family genealogists like myself since it gave me access to soooo many old documents I almost started crying when I thought of the time wasted elsewhere.
- Submitted By Roger Wallen on 08/03/2018Report did not show any native American ancestry and I know it is strong Cherokee. Even some of my Father's cousins have names like White Bird, Red Bud and James Crow. I called the company and was told that it is almost impossible to show native American ancestry, yet they show a commercial where a woman it surprised that she is 27% native American. VERY misleading. They did not even suggest a second test. Probably would be a lot different.
AncestryDNA offers one of the best and most precise ancestry DNA tests on the market, paired with an active online community and billions of historical records to complement your exploration. Learn more about its complete offer in our objective AncestryDNA review.