After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and African Ancestry are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and African Ancestry, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- Experienced team with solid background in genetics/genealogy
- Company focused on African paternal and maternal heritage
- The largest database of African lineages on the market
- Price: $299.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Riley Tookey on 03/22/2019Don't use this company! CRI is so far off base it is unbelievable. My brothers and sister had there DNA tested and are all similar. CRI did mine and it was totally different. In their ridiculously broad generalizations they claimed a heritage that was completely inaccurate. I could have made this up myself. I doubt they even did any testing. This is a scam!
- Submitted By Steve on 03/09/2019Great company, and very good product, received kit within. days of buying, results up in about 3 weeks of sending my kit in.seem very accurate based on what I know about my family, and also told me a lot of new information bout my health.highly recommend.
- Submitted By Mildred on 02/19/2019Before you buy anything from this company, do a search on the Better Business Bureau's website. It is FULL of complaints and unsatisfied customers. I would not recommend CRI Genetics to anyone!
- Submitted By Gina on 02/19/2019CRI Genetics is a joke - abysmal customer service and questionable test results. We waited *forever* for text results, and when those results/reports came, only PARTS were posted online -- this joke of a company cannot even manage their web content, much less your DNA results! ... Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Natasha on 03/08/2019Negative Five stars for African Ancestry. (I have also used two other Ancestry/dna testing companies.) I began the process with the company in September 2018. I was told they needed to do a recollection in December 2018. It is March 2019 and I still have NOTHING from this company... NOTHING. Upon making a call for the status of my results, I was met with rude, condescending laughter and sarcasm. African Ancestry needs to do better. The company wants the business, but opts to treat it’s African descended clientele like garbage. This is not the way to advance and claim distinction as an African focused business.
- Submitted By Tequilla Brown on 11/07/2018This has be an overwhelming experience for me and my family. My husband had his DNA tested before me. We found out that we share the same results for our Matriclan which is 100% Native American. I look forward to finding out more information on my Native side of the family. I really wish that there was more information as to which tribe I belong to. Big thanks to African Ancestry for making this site available.
- Submitted By Fleur Swartz on 05/02/2018Pros: They tell you actual tribe names and country of origin which is great cause 23 and Me could only tell me I was West African and Ancestry.com tells you countries but does not take into account that maps were changed when Europe colonized Africa. Cons: Results are mailed and not available online. They ONLY tell you African ancestry and will give you zero info on non-african ancestry. I only got results for my grandmothers line my Uncle will have to shell out another $300 to get my grandfathers line. And last all they tell is country of origin and tribe name, you would think for $300 I would get a short history of my ppl.
- Submitted By Fleur Swartz on 05/02/201823 and Me could only tell me West African so this test gave me a clearer picture of where in Africa I'm from. However results are mailed and not available online, they do not give you any information about your ppl other than tribe and country. You would think for $300 i would at least get a short bio about the tribes history. They ONLY tell you African ancestry so if you're mixed like me you have to shell out more money for a test with a different company to find out the rest of who you are.
African Ancestry is a DNA testing provider that enables its users to explore their potential African heritage by following their paternal and maternal lineages up to 2,000 years in the past. Read our dedicated African Ancestry review to learn more about the testing solutions the company has to offer and the overall quality of its ancestry testing service.