After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. CRI Genetics and African Ancestry are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between CRI Genetics and African Ancestry, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Experienced scientific team + CLIA-certified testing lab
- 99.9% testing accuracy with 642,824 genetic markers checked
- Proprietary testing algorithm + 8-week efficiency guarantee
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:USA, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain
- Experienced team with solid background in genetics/genealogy
- Company focused on African paternal and maternal heritage
- The largest database of African lineages on the market
- Price: $299.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Holly Brown on 10/27/2019I used CRI genetics and feel like I got robbed they gave me information that I already knew And they did not dig down to a specific race or where my family came from they just gave general information and areas everything was very vague and nothing made sense I feel like they are a scam and it’s kind a like buyer beware
- Submitted By virginia123 on 10/23/2019I received a refund after waiting and waiting and waiting for my kit and receiving many robo-emails that were full of bs. I spoke with four people and got four different answers. I would not recommend this company.
- Submitted By Kevin OConnor on 10/10/2019I am having a lot of doubts about the accuracy of their report. To general info and seems they have an algorithm that just places people in blocks such as Northern Europe, Northwest Europe, British Isles. Each block takes in 10 countries so you won't know anything about your ancestry.
- Submitted By Terri Lynne Stuart on 10/06/2019I found CRI Genetics through a what I now suspect is a scam site. I read the review, clicked the "convenient" link to CRI on the website, and went through what I can only describe as a rabbit hole of baiting and confusion. By the time I finished, I had racked up over $350, and got a printed receipt that literally showed NOTHING I had ordered, just a "thanks for ordering". The email confirmation I got from them was just as convoluted, with five different order numbers, and every time I tried to print, the order info changed. Bizarre. With a sinking feeling, I called their phone number, and when I picked the 'questions about your order' option, I was put on hold for almost ten minutes before they threw me over to voicemail. Becoming more suspicious, I called back and picked the 'place an order' option. Surprise! A real human being! I will say she found my order (orders??) quickly, was able to confirm all the charges to my American Express, and promptly sent an email confirming they had all been cancelled. I should have known better, since their website is set up much like many cheesy and unscrupulous websites. At least I have the email to show American Express if CRI Genetics tries to charge me.
- Submitted By Claudester Stephens on 07/14/2019Both I and my brother took the test at the same time. I took the MartiClan and my brother took the PatriClan. My mother's maternal genetic ancestry is from Guinea-Bissau. My brother's paternal genetic ancestry said he is from Korea. How can that be. I wish that had explained that more. How does Korean and African ancestry combine.? Were some Koreans brought to Africa?
- Submitted By Michael Henderson on 05/11/2019I think African Ancestry is still a work in progress. First of all I wanted to use this co. Because I’m a person of African decent. I found the process initially to be pretty routine. But because of the cost of the test I had very high expectation. I received the kit within a week or so of ordering the test. I returned the test kit around a day or so after receiving the kit. To my surprise it took around two months or more for me to get the results. I received my kit. In the mail on 2/13/19 and sent it in again in about two to three day turn around. I didn’t receive my results in the mail until 5/11/19. To say the least I was extremely disappointed in the turn around time! When I got the result I did learn I received Maternal lineage and I was looking for paternal lineage info.? i didn’t seem to have a choice on this.! Overall I didn’t see the value in this investment of almost $300. In my opinion although I gain some knowledge it was not what I expected!!! Thank You! MLH
- Submitted By Natasha on 03/08/2019Negative Five stars for African Ancestry. (I have also used two other Ancestry/dna testing companies.) I began the process with the company in September 2018. I was told they needed to do a recollection in December 2018. It is March 2019 and I still have NOTHING from this company... NOTHING. Upon making a call for the status of my results, I was met with rude, condescending laughter and sarcasm. African Ancestry needs to do better. The company wants the business, but opts to treat it’s African descended clientele like garbage. This is not the way to advance and claim distinction as an African focused business.
- Submitted By Tequilla Brown on 11/07/2018This has be an overwhelming experience for me and my family. My husband had his DNA tested before me. We found out that we share the same results for our Matriclan which is 100% Native American. I look forward to finding out more information on my Native side of the family. I really wish that there was more information as to which tribe I belong to. Big thanks to African Ancestry for making this site available.
African Ancestry is a DNA testing provider that enables its users to explore their potential African heritage by following their paternal and maternal lineages up to 2,000 years in the past. Read our dedicated African Ancestry review to learn more about the testing solutions the company has to offer and the overall quality of its ancestry testing service.