23andMe VS Pathway Genomics
Pathway Genomics and 23andMe are two very different companies. The first offers medical diagnostics services and the other provides its users with ancestry DNA testing alongside health-related genetic reports. Both services are top-tier in their respective fields and feature large user bases, corroborating our claims.
Our Pathway Genomics Vs. 23andMe comparison will outline the most important segments of both services and provide an excellent intro to their main reviews on our site. Even though they occupy different positions in the at-home DNA testing branch, we have received numerous requests to compare these two companies and here's our detailed report on their services.
- 50+ ancestry estimates down to the 0.1% with 1,500+ regions
- 80+ health reports, FDA-cleared testing kit, raw data download
- CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited processing laboratories
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
- A multitude of DNA tests focused on health and wellness
- Wide variety of health and wellness-oriented DNA tests
- Accurate and comprehensive results with quick turnaround times
- Price: $99.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Annette Glendenning on 10/12/2019I first found this through the one and only Dr. Ben Lynch who specializes and is the pioneer in the study of our Methylation system. I got a wealth of information regarding my MTRR mutation and explains why my B12 was always so incredibly low. Also, I found a mutation in which 60% of Vitamin A can not be absorbed which answers the question of "why my eyes are deteriorating" and my skin doesn't heal very well. Lastly, I received an email letting me know that they added a new gene test called the APOE mutation which detects and rates Alzheimer's disease and its alleles. My mother passed from Alzheimer's and it's still alarming to me that I have APOE 4 and APOE3 alleles. YIKES! Time to be super Proactive in my diet and lifestyle. 23andme also couples with Ben Lynch with Stratagene, an amazingly easy to read break down of all your problematic SNPs. Thank you so very much for everything, I got everything I needed to know and more.
- Submitted By Sir Francis Baron Von Ross. on 03/19/2019After my stepfather passed away as he was the only father who I knew growing up I did the 23andme DNA to see if I had family or cousins on my real fathers side. I was shocked to learn I had so many people related to me. Everyone was so excited at first but then that faded very fast. Then I found 1st cousins and was great but then they did not bother to talk with me and realized I was not welcomed on my real fathers side. I am all by myself now since no one cares about me. It's a shame that people just don't care if they hurt a person. All I can say is you may be hurt by others but doing the 23andme DNA sure was great.
- Submitted By Walt Jenner on 01/16/2019I did the 23andme test and I found it simple to perform and easy to read the results. After submitting my saliva, it took about 4 weeks to process. I did this around the Christmas holiday, so they were perhaps running a little slower than they would during the summer. I didn't expect to see any "family secrets" revealed, so that wasn't a reason for me to take the test. However, my results DID reveal a family secret: my Aunt is my half-aunt. Whoops! So even if you don't expect to see family secrets, remember that you might reveal one. I wish the 23andme web site would pool "matching relatives" into groups so I can more easily determine which side of the family all the relative matches are from. Sure, it'd be easy if I had my entire family take the test, but many are deceased. And with a surprise half-aunt in the picture, I don't want to ask anyone.
- Submitted By Anna Bennett on 09/02/2018My daughter bought me this test and I was amazed (to say the least) to learn of my origins! It looks like I'm mostly from Europe. Fascinating!
- Submitted By Phil Lane on 07/16/2018One of the best DNA testing!
- Submitted By Mitch Davis on 09/03/2017I followed the recommended diet plan and it helped me lose 15 pounds without any problems.
- Submitted By John Clark on 07/12/2017Great service! The support staff was pretty pleasant as well and patient with a ton of my questions.
- Submitted By Emily Goldstein on 06/22/2017The report cleared all my fears of jewish genetic diseases. Thankyou pathway!
23andMe is an impressive DNA testing provider featuring a staggering user count, paired with cutting-edge tools for chromosome browsing, biogeographical ancestry analysis, and health-related results. Read all about this exceptional service in our detailed 23andMe review.
Scope Of DNA Tests
Pathway Genomics offers a multitude of tests divided into two branches, at-home tests and reports for physicians. The at-home portfolio includes Fit iQ, PathwayFit, Skin iQ, SkinFit, Gluten Fit, Mental Health DNA Insight, Pain Medication DNA Insight, and Cardiac DNA Insight. All of these cover an extensive array of health-related factors, offering detailed final reports. The tests in the other branch, however, can only be ordered by your physician and they cover your health & wellness
, carrier screening for more than 120 diseases, and hereditary cancer reports.
23adnMe offers a single ancestry DNA test, which checks 570,000 genetic markers spread across your entire genome. The test covers 150+ regions and 31 gene pools, allowing for a precise ethnic estimate. Your final results will also provide info on your potential Jewish or Native American ancestry and show the percentage of leftover Neanderthal DNA. 23and
database holds more than 2 million genetic profiles at this point. The health portion of the report includes 7 genetic health risks, 8 wellness factors, 43 carrier reports, and 22 trait reports.
Test Processing Times
Pathway Genomics generates final reports approximately 6 weeks after your DNA sample reaches its lab.
23andMe results take between 6 and 8 weeks.
Privacy & Security
Pathway Genomics follows the law to the letter when it comes to your personal information. The company collects your identification and health-related info in order to provide better service and clearly indicates when it can share your data with third parties.
23adnMe provides its users with anonymous testing and the official website is protected with SSL technology. Additionally, the company will never share your personal info with third parties without your explicit consent.
Value For Money
Pathway Genomics offers numerous tests and the prices go from 99$ up to 399$. The prices of the tests for physicians are not listed on the site. Depending on your current needs, you’ll receive a valuable abundance of information for the money invested.
23andMe keeps things simple and charges 99$ for its solitary ancestry DNA test. The health portion of the results is optional and it costs 100$ extra. For the price, you’ll receive a comprehensive identification of your ancestral origins alongside precise health results.
Pathway Genomics is an excellent company that offers significant value for the price. Its range of tests will provide you with all the information necessary to keep your health at a maximum level.
23andMe is the most popular ancestry DNA testing service, which also started the direct-to-home testing model later incorporated by all similar companies. Apart from its top-tier ancestry report, the company offers a reliable health-related report, which is something no other ancestry testing company currently provides.