Pathway Genomics and 23andMe are two very different companies. The first offers medical diagnostics services and the other provides its users with ancestry DNA testing alongside health-related genetic reports. Both services are top-tier in their respective fields and feature large user bases, corroborating our claims.
Our Pathway Genomics Vs. 23andMe comparison will outline the most important segments of both services and provide an excellent intro to their main reviews on our site. Even though they occupy different positions in the at-home DNA testing branch, we have received numerous requests to compare these two companies and here's our detailed report on their services.
- Health reports show potential for hereditary conditions
- 570,000 genetic markers checked within Ancestry Service
- Company Database contains around 2 million registered users
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
- A multitude of DNA tests focused on health and wellness
- Wide variety of health and wellness-oriented DNA tests
- Accurate and comprehensive results with quick turnaround times
- Price: $99.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carol Norwood on 07/15/2018Very happy with the results from 23&Me. After giving it some thought, their analysis made since. Impressed with their health evaluations. I would have given them a 5-Star rating but they could not get DNA from my sister’s or husband’s saliva.....even after 2 tries. Can’t get a true picture for me without them.
- Submitted By Judah Davidson on 05/25/2018Being Ashkenazi Jewish and testing on 23andMe is basically useless. They categorize us as "100% European" and that sheds ZERO light on our actual ethnic breakdown. According to 23andMe, Ashkenazi Jews are "100% European" and on their ethnic breakdown, we have 0% of any European sub group, WTF🤦🏻............. Ashkenazi Jews on 23andMe are also "0% middle eastern." Did I mention their huge issue with "unassigned ancestry" and the nebulous "broadly" category? Save your money and wait until there are holiday sales, like DNA day and mothers day, and find a reputable company. 23andMe is garbage for ancestry testing, I can't address the health testing of their site...
- Submitted By Dorothy Clark on 05/20/2018I purchased 23andme tests for my entire family after my grandfather died and I felt a sudden need to learn more about my family and ancestors. I found a ton of matches online, learned everything about my paternal line and even managed to get a family surname book for my grandfather. 23andme helped me solve a puzzle I though impossible and I would definitely recommed it to all people out there having questions about their ancestors and immediate family.
- Submitted By Clara Jennings on 05/19/2018The only dna test that gave me health report on top of my ancestry! Very interesting results and def worth the price.
- Submitted By Phil Lane on 07/16/2018One of the best DNA testing!
- Submitted By Mitch Davis on 09/03/2017I followed the recommended diet plan and it helped me lose 15 pounds without any problems.
- Submitted By John Clark on 07/12/2017Great service! The support staff was pretty pleasant as well and patient with a ton of my questions.
- Submitted By Emily Goldstein on 06/22/2017The report cleared all my fears of jewish genetic diseases. Thankyou pathway!
Pathway Genomics is a DNA testing provider launched in 2008 and located in San Diego, California. It is dedicated to providing a unique blend of personalized medicine and genetic testing to its many clients. It offers a wide range of genetic tests and analyses and you can read everything about its services in our detailed Pathway Genomics review.
Scope Of DNA Tests
Pathway Genomics offers a multitude of tests divided into two branches, at-home tests and reports for physicians. The at-home portfolio includes Fit iQ, PathwayFit, Skin iQ, SkinFit, Gluten Fit, Mental Health DNA Insight, Pain Medication DNA Insight, and Cardiac DNA Insight. All of these cover an extensive array of health-related factors, offering detailed final reports. The tests in the other branch, however, can only be ordered by your physician and they cover your health & wellness
, carrier screening for more than 120 diseases, and hereditary cancer reports.
23adnMe offers a single ancestry DNA test, which checks 570,000 genetic markers spread across your entire genome. The test covers 150+ regions and 31 gene pools, allowing for a precise ethnic estimate. Your final results will also provide info on your potential Jewish or Native American ancestry and show the percentage of leftover Neanderthal DNA. 23and
database holds more than 2 million genetic profiles at this point. The health portion of the report includes 7 genetic health risks, 8 wellness factors, 43 carrier reports, and 22 trait reports.
Test Processing Times
Pathway Genomics generates final reports approximately 6 weeks after your DNA sample reaches its lab.
23andMe results take between 6 and 8 weeks.
Privacy & Security
Pathway Genomics follows the law to the letter when it comes to your personal information. The company collects your identification and health-related info in order to provide better service and clearly indicates when it can share your data with third parties.
23adnMe provides its users with anonymous testing and the official website is protected with SSL technology. Additionally, the company will never share your personal info with third parties without your explicit consent.
Value For Money
Pathway Genomics offers numerous tests and the prices go from 99$ up to 399$. The prices of the tests for physicians are not listed on the site. Depending on your current needs, you’ll receive a valuable abundance of information for the money invested.
23andMe keeps things simple and charges 99$ for its solitary ancestry DNA test. The health portion of the results is optional and it costs 100$ extra. For the price, you’ll receive a comprehensive identification of your ancestral origins alongside precise health results.
Pathway Genomics is an excellent company that offers significant value for the price. Its range of tests will provide you with all the information necessary to keep your health at a maximum level.
23andMe is the most popular ancestry DNA testing service, which also started the direct-to-home testing model later incorporated by all similar companies. Apart from its top-tier ancestry report, the company offers a reliable health-related report, which is something no other ancestry testing company currently provides.