Pathway Genomics and 23andMe are two very different companies. The first offers medical diagnostics services and the other provides its users with ancestry DNA testing alongside health-related genetic reports. Both services are top-tier in their respective fields and feature large user bases, corroborating our claims.
Our Pathway Genomics Vs. 23andMe comparison will outline the most important segments of both services and provide an excellent intro to their main reviews on our site. Even though they occupy different positions in the at-home DNA testing branch, we have received numerous requests to compare these two companies and here's our detailed report on their services.
- Health reports show potential for hereditary conditions
- 570,000 genetic markers checked within Ancestry Service
- Company Database contains around 2 million registered users
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
- A multitude of DNA tests focused on health and wellness
- Wide variety of health and wellness-oriented DNA tests
- Accurate and comprehensive results with quick turnaround times
- Price: $99.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Anna Bennett on 09/02/2018My daughter bought me this test and I was amazed (to say the least) to learn of my origins! It looks like I'm mostly from Europe. Fascinating!
- Submitted By Havier Torres on 08/27/201823 and me is the best DNA testing company there is. I love researching my ancestry and did a couple of tests with other famous companies - my experience with 23 and me has been the best so far. Apart from learning a lot about my heritage, I also received a health report - this is something only 23 and me provides. The test gives great value for the money spent and I plan on buying it as a Christmas gift to my family.
- Submitted By D. Collins on 08/19/2018This has been an amazing experience. I learned so much and had a lot of fun along the way. Thank you!
- Submitted By Sharon on 08/16/2018I selected 23 and me for DNA testing because two friends had used this company, and they recommended it. Even though the quoted time is approximately 6-8 weeks, theirs was completed in approximately 4 weeks. My experience has been less satisfactory. My sample was mailed in June, and notification was received 2 days later stating the sample had been received and testing was underway. For 5 weeks, my status remained at the point where they were reading the chip. Although this seemed like an unrealistic time, I assumed they simply were not updating my account the first few weeks. After 5 weeks at the same stage, I surmised that the company was either a scam or they have inept employees. I had entered our contract in good will and completed a gamut of questions so my results could be used to further research. As a research scientist, the company had lost all credibility and I would never trust them to participate in ethical research. I changed my status, disallowing the company to use my DNA results for any type of research. Then I received an e-mail stating that my results would be delayed a few more weeks because of a computer upgrade. In the meantime, I began reading reviews. Some customers who submitted their DNA after mine was submitted had already received their results. Others had received a message regarding the additional delay due to computer delay. It's been almost 2 months since the notification that they received my sample. There has been no change in the status of my sample. I have wasted $200. Since the company has not lived up to the advertisement, and have proven to be untrustworthy, any results they provide in the future will be suspect. My intent had been to give these kits to friends and family at Christmas. Now that it has become evident that 23 and me is not a reputable company, I will research other companies who provide this service.
- Submitted By Phil Lane on 07/16/2018One of the best DNA testing!
- Submitted By Mitch Davis on 09/03/2017I followed the recommended diet plan and it helped me lose 15 pounds without any problems.
- Submitted By John Clark on 07/12/2017Great service! The support staff was pretty pleasant as well and patient with a ton of my questions.
- Submitted By Emily Goldstein on 06/22/2017The report cleared all my fears of jewish genetic diseases. Thankyou pathway!
23andMe is an impressive DNA testing provider featuring a staggering user count, paired with cutting-edge tools for chromosome browsing, biogeographical ancestry analysis, and health-related results. Read all about this exceptional service in our detailed 23andMe review.
Scope Of DNA Tests
Pathway Genomics offers a multitude of tests divided into two branches, at-home tests and reports for physicians. The at-home portfolio includes Fit iQ, PathwayFit, Skin iQ, SkinFit, Gluten Fit, Mental Health DNA Insight, Pain Medication DNA Insight, and Cardiac DNA Insight. All of these cover an extensive array of health-related factors, offering detailed final reports. The tests in the other branch, however, can only be ordered by your physician and they cover your health & wellness
, carrier screening for more than 120 diseases, and hereditary cancer reports.
23adnMe offers a single ancestry DNA test, which checks 570,000 genetic markers spread across your entire genome. The test covers 150+ regions and 31 gene pools, allowing for a precise ethnic estimate. Your final results will also provide info on your potential Jewish or Native American ancestry and show the percentage of leftover Neanderthal DNA. 23and
database holds more than 2 million genetic profiles at this point. The health portion of the report includes 7 genetic health risks, 8 wellness factors, 43 carrier reports, and 22 trait reports.
Test Processing Times
Pathway Genomics generates final reports approximately 6 weeks after your DNA sample reaches its lab.
23andMe results take between 6 and 8 weeks.
Privacy & Security
Pathway Genomics follows the law to the letter when it comes to your personal information. The company collects your identification and health-related info in order to provide better service and clearly indicates when it can share your data with third parties.
23adnMe provides its users with anonymous testing and the official website is protected with SSL technology. Additionally, the company will never share your personal info with third parties without your explicit consent.
Value For Money
Pathway Genomics offers numerous tests and the prices go from 99$ up to 399$. The prices of the tests for physicians are not listed on the site. Depending on your current needs, you’ll receive a valuable abundance of information for the money invested.
23andMe keeps things simple and charges 99$ for its solitary ancestry DNA test. The health portion of the results is optional and it costs 100$ extra. For the price, you’ll receive a comprehensive identification of your ancestral origins alongside precise health results.
Pathway Genomics is an excellent company that offers significant value for the price. Its range of tests will provide you with all the information necessary to keep your health at a maximum level.
23andMe is the most popular ancestry DNA testing service, which also started the direct-to-home testing model later incorporated by all similar companies. Apart from its top-tier ancestry report, the company offers a reliable health-related report, which is something no other ancestry testing company currently provides.