If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or TeloYears is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or TeloYears meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- Cutting-edge and CLIA-certified DNA processing facilities
- Exclusive testing methods with no room for potential errors
- Free result monitoring and updates for repeated testers
- Price: $129.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Catherine Reed on 08/30/2018Satisfied with the service, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I had to fill in a bunch of personal information about myself.
- Submitted By Peter R on 08/21/2018Vitagene has a unique approach to analyzing your DNA, and that's what I love about this company. With it, I was able to find out a lot of things other companies couldn't tell me, and also get personalized supplements. Money well spent.
- Submitted By Turid on 07/27/2018English is not my first language but I know enought to understand that Vitagene is not designed by professionals. Here is some examples: 1 You have to pay first and then accept conditions,not the other way around. 2 Their language is not only unclear but wrong. They tell me to use dairy products like almon milk,soya milk,etc. But this is NOT a dairy product They tell me to eat grains like beans and peas. That is NOT a grain ! 3 In their questions they show the say sloppy use of words and concepts by asking questions like " do you eat a lot of fatty food ?". Hmmmm,yes I do I eat a lot of fat fish but I don't think they see this as "fatty food". Maybe everybody in The U.S. know the meaning of fatty food,but for users in other countries this is sloppy,unclear and un profesional ways to ask questions when the intent is to figure out if you have a healthy diet or not. 4 When they tell me what to eat the list is so small,so limited that nobody can prepare any meal based on their advice 5 There are more but I get so distressed by writing about Vitagene that I stop here. My advice is clear " Do not buy this test ! "
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Diana Owens on 10/18/2018Back when I first ordered the test, the company didn’t offer any ancestry kits. The genetic age thing was a true revelation and it really helped me put some things into perspective and get my priorities straight. I just did the ancestry test and am currently waiting for the results. The whole procedure is very easy to go through and the information you get are really worth it.
- Submitted By Ann Perry on 10/05/2018I started researching telomeres a couple of months ago and I found the whole science behind it quite fascinating. Honestly, I thought it was all a huge money-grabbing hoax before I “hit the books” but I can now see the logic behind it all. Needless to say my telomere length didn’t match my age and how could it with all the stress we’re going through every single day. I also got a blueprint that I should follow in order to get there though. Bottom line I’m following the recommendations and can’t wait to see my progress on the next test.
- Submitted By Regina on 09/11/2018Don't recommend. Bought advanced ancestry as a birthday gift (!). Was told it takes 6-8 weeks. After 6 weeks no follow up from the company. When I wrote to them, I was told in condescending tone that they notified me initially about 6-8 week processing time. Ok, after week 8 I have to follow up again (no communication from Teloyears!). Now I receive an email saying that their lab is too busy, and they don't even tell me when the results will come (birthday gift, mind you!). Ok, after week 10 still nothing from them, and not even a courtesy email. So we lost patience and requested a refund. And the funniest thing is, they deducted $20 (!!) of shipment cost, when it was clearly their fault - why accepting so many orders if your lab cannot process them in the time that you guarantee? When I sent an inquiry, they simply ignored my email. Never again, and don't recommend to others. There are so many companies these days who offer DNA testing, I'll definitely go to someone else.
- Submitted By Larry Baxter on 02/02/2018Incredibly accurate and useful. I warmly recommend regular testing, it can really help you understand what is happening inside your body and get on the right track.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.