After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. DNA Worldwide and National Geographic Ancestry Test are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between DNA Worldwide and National Geographic Ancestry Test, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Impressive portfolio of at-home/legal DNA testing solutions
- Highly experienced professional team with Dr. Pascal Kintz
- Modern processing laboratory with numerous accreditations
- Price: $138.11
- More than 800,000 participants in over 140 countries
- 60 reference populations for a complete ancestral layout
- Neanderthal DNA check and full autosomal, Y, and mt testing
- Price: $149.95
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jenna Larson on 11/13/2017Surefire way of testing the workers for drugs and alcohol. Been cooperating with the company for a year now and think I'm gonna stick around.
- Submitted By Jack Monroe on 10/01/2017Had some troubles ordering internationally, but it all worked out in the end.
- Submitted By User 17,064 on 04/22/2017DNA Worldwide helped me with my application and nobody ever doubted the results.
- Submitted By SZ on 09/03/2018I read some negative reviews online, and almost decided against buying the test. Fortunately, I changed my mind and did the test. I waited 10 weeks for my report to be ready and I learned a lot of things about my maternal and paternal ancestry. I was not disappointed and I recommend going with National Geographic if you want to find out more about your ancestors. The test is worth every penny, if you understand what you are getting out of it.
- Submitted By Tanya on 08/13/2018I waited a long time to receive my results. While I was not disappointed with my report, I did expect a bit more from National Geographic.
- Submitted By Cynthia on 07/30/2018I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. It has been a year since I submitted by samples and until now I have yet to receive my results. I wrote several emails and in the beginning the first reason was ‘some delays due to change of labs’ then when I asked again ‘delays due to IT issues of uploading results’ and then when I asked again recently it was met with silence and just simply no reply. I have now asked them for a refund but again no reply. I really recommend that you do not purchase this at all. It is really a very annoying situation and I regret getting this - they basically took the money and gave me nothing. Reading some of the reviews here make it sound like some people actually received results - how? Why did I not receive mine? It makes me so disappointed. Is there a board I can complain to formally? It really is a scam with the Nat Geo name ! If I could give zero I would but this system’s minimum is 1 star
- Submitted By Thomas Thompson on 07/16/2018I purchased the kit and submitted my sample, I supposedly got my results back but the only thing I have been able to access is a site trying to sell me all kinds of addons and other crap. As far as I can tell it is just a big scam to get you to spend more money. Shame on National Geographic.
DNA Worldwide is a renowned DNA testing provider founded in 2004 and registered in England and Wales. The company offers a wide variety of DNA testing solutions, including relationship, immigration, ancestry, and hair drug & alcohol tests. Read our dedicated DNA Worldwide review to learn all about the company and its unique services.