Ancestry DNA testing companies brought genetic genealogy to the general public. Although commercially available ancestry tests are all similar, the differences between them can make or break the entire experience for you. Our comparison between National Geographic Ancestry Test and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will show you the right way to approach your ancestry examination, as well as crucial aspects to keep in mind. The best way to go about things here is defining, in layman's terms, what you're most interested about; what you want to discover about your genetic ancestry and potential historic relatives. With that information, the choice between National Geographic Ancestry Test and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will be pretty evident.
- More than 800,000 participants in over 140 countries
- 60 reference populations for a complete ancestral layout
- Neanderthal DNA check and full autosomal, Y, and mt testing
- Price: $149.95
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Arthur Starr on 04/27/2019This company needs major improvement. I have been waiting since February 2019 after I paid and send a saliva sample. I have not received results nor have i been able to access the site. I have spoken to numerous individuals who supposedly represent Helix and each time was promised that the problems would be taken care of. None of this has helped. I am not recognized on the site after resending my information many times. I would avoid this program and warn others to do the same. At this point I am wondering if this is a scam. I subscribe toNational Geographic and trusted that they were involved with this company. I would give them a zero for a rating if it were allowed.
- Submitted By SZ on 09/03/2018I read some negative reviews online, and almost decided against buying the test. Fortunately, I changed my mind and did the test. I waited 10 weeks for my report to be ready and I learned a lot of things about my maternal and paternal ancestry. I was not disappointed and I recommend going with National Geographic if you want to find out more about your ancestors. The test is worth every penny, if you understand what you are getting out of it.
- Submitted By Tanya on 08/13/2018I waited a long time to receive my results. While I was not disappointed with my report, I did expect a bit more from National Geographic.
- Submitted By Cynthia on 07/30/2018I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. It has been a year since I submitted by samples and until now I have yet to receive my results. I wrote several emails and in the beginning the first reason was ‘some delays due to change of labs’ then when I asked again ‘delays due to IT issues of uploading results’ and then when I asked again recently it was met with silence and just simply no reply. I have now asked them for a refund but again no reply. I really recommend that you do not purchase this at all. It is really a very annoying situation and I regret getting this - they basically took the money and gave me nothing. Reading some of the reviews here make it sound like some people actually received results - how? Why did I not receive mine? It makes me so disappointed. Is there a board I can complain to formally? It really is a scam with the Nat Geo name ! If I could give zero I would but this system’s minimum is 1 star
- Submitted By Eden on 12/03/2019I am very satisfied with the customer service i got. My sales rep Michelle Sexton was very professional and helped me out alot. Rating her customer service at 100% and beyond thank you
- Submitted By Nabi on 10/22/2019One of the most corrupted companies I have ever seen. They are very happily taking your money in a minute, promise you to do the job within couple of days and then will totally forget about you. You will be calling them and they will not even answer your call. I would definitely not recommend anyone to do the DNA test with these guys.
- Submitted By tori maricelli on 09/10/2019I talked to service rep Michelle Sexton and she was great and helped me through the whole process. I did not do a conventional test on one of the subjects. DNA was collected off an item that belonged to one of the parties. All of customer service agents were great and showed me compassion and caring. All went well except one little hiccup which was that one of the lab techs gave me the wrong day on when results would be in. A manager got in touch with me and explained the mix up and apologized profusely. I paid extra to have the test kit sent over night and they paid for me to ship back over night which was fantastic. I had to pay a little extra for testing due to the one sample being taken from an item other than cheek swab. All in all I was satisfied and would recommend and although I hope I NEVER have to do this again, I would use this lab. I would also recommend shipping and receiving OVER NIGHT mail. It was well worth the money and peace of mind we now have. God bless
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
DDC is a state-of-the-art DNA testing company with world-renowned experts at the helm. Accuracy is guaranteed by the new age robotics technology incorporated in its labs. Every test is done twice and can be used in court as a legal document. Alongside standard relationship DNA tests, DDC also offers ancestry, animal, and forensic DNA testing.