After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. MyHeritage and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between MyHeritage and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Top-of-the-line sample processing facility/accurate results
- Numerous features and subscription plans available to users
- 40 million family trees, 2.6 million profiles, 8 billion records
- Price: $69.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alan on 04/27/2019Results are way off compared to other sites. I uploaded my parents results to gedcom and familydna and compared. All the other sites were similar to each other. Myheritage resulsts were skewed to a level not even my family tree supported. I did my own test at another site, and uploaded my dna to myheritage and gedcom. Gedcome matched the other site, and again myhertiage results were way off.Accounting for this bias, the results though were nevertheless interesting
- Submitted By N on 04/06/2019Just an absolutely horrible experience. This site obviously has a bias set to its ratings. The math does not work with these ratings.
- Submitted By Kathy on 01/20/2019Don't waste your money on MyHeritage getting your DNA tested. I have traced my family tree back on both sides of my family pretty far. I have actual proof of being Cherokee since my mother's paternal grandfather was full-blood, her maternal grandmother was full-blood and there is also Cherokee on my father's side. My 5th gr Grandmother is listed in the Cherokee By Blood, Her granddaughter put in an application for the Eastern Cherokee tribe and they are listed on the Guion Miller Roll. Can't get much more Cherokee than that. My DNA results came back that I am zero % American Indian. Also said I am zero % Scottish or Irish yet I have my family traced back to the year 1068 and we are related to Sir William Wallace. When I called to complain and say I wanted a refund I was told that their DNA tests are quite accurate. I told the guy apparently they are not accurate or they would have gotten my DNA correctly. His excuse about not finding the Scottish or Irish was that more than likely my family originated in England and migrated to Scotland and Ireland. Uh... NO! I asked if he was going to change the history books and also let Mel Gibson know that he based his movie in the wrong country? As for the reason they didn't find any American Indian in my DNA he said that many Indians don't trust the white man and so they don't want to provide DNA samples to compare to. Ok, so how are other companies able to test for American Indian DNA. He then said there are over 500 tribes they don't have samples for. I told him that even if that were true, the Cherokee are one of the largest tribes in the U.S. They were one of the 5 civilized tribes. I told him that in case he didn't know what that meant, it meant that they were one of the tribes to adopt the customs of the white settlers and generally had good relations with them. They were one of the only tribes to have a written syllabary making it possible for them to read and write in their language. There are 3 federally recognized Cherokee tribes as well as some not federally recognized. So, how is it that they do not have ANY DNA from this tribe? He just continued to repeat to me that there are over 500 tribes that they do not DNA from to be able to compare to. I then asked him this - When MyHeritage very first started, how did they test their very first customer? Because if I was understanding him correctly, they needed something to compare to and if it was the very first customer then what did they compare to? I told him I felt their company is falsely advertising and that I wanted a refund. You can't advertise and charge people money for doing something if you aren't going to or aren't able to do it correctly. They are not able to test people's DNA correctly if they can not test for everything. He kept telling me how accurate their tests are but they are not accurate and I was very disappointed with the results. I will be posting this review on Yelp.com as well as Angie's List and any other review site that I am able to post on. I still want a refund and plan to call them again as well as write to them. It's unethical to charge that much money for something and not do it correctly. I want my money back so I can find someone who actually knows what they are doing and can test my DNA correctly. Don't waste your money on this,
- Submitted By Samantha R Boykin on 12/26/2018I ordered the DNA kite for my husband for Christmas its been six weeks still not here, and cant get anyone on on the phone. I dont get all the great reviews im very dissapointed .
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
- Submitted By Anna on 03/31/2019HORRIBLE service. Keep getting the run around on our test results. Paid for results in two days and its a week now and they keep making excuses as to why its not done. DO NOT USE this company!! They don't even deserve one star. Their collector filled out everything and did the swabs and they are still giving us a hard time getting results. No one ever picks up the phone, on hold for hours then the system hangs up on you.
- Submitted By Savannah Calhoun 01/18/2019This is the worst experience! I decided to get a paternity test with a guy who can be my dad. We sent them off November 27. Two weeks later I had not received any email. I called and they said my samples were received and I would know my results the next day. They required a reswab. I sent the email requiring a new test. I did not receive it until I called after over a week. I finally received it and sent it back the 27th of December. I did not receive a email so I called and was told they hadn't received them and to call USPS. After waiting on the phone with USPS for 2 hours I found out they received my samples the 28th. I called again and it was confirmed. Here I am on Friday with no results in sight. Hold time is so long!
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
MyHeritage is a DNA testing provider founded in 2003 in Israel. It combines genetic research with genealogy, allowing its users to create family profiles, print family trees, share photos, perform DNA testing, stay in touch with relatives, research family history, and much more. Read all about its services in our MyHeritage review.