There are many steps to take with ancestry DNA testing before pressing that "order" button. The most important one is realizing what company offers the best service to meet your expectations. Our comparison of Living DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will demonstrate the main differences between the companies but also teach you how to match your needs with the right provider. Do you want more relatives found or a more accurate ancestry profile? Are you interested in identifying the first human to bear your DNA or in the migration patterns of your ancestors? Answers to these and similar questions can help you make the right choice.
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Sandra on 08/15/2019I ordered two tests in December 2017. I did get results for the mitochondrial and Y DNA. To date only one match to my father which is me. My husband's test has no matches. He has a ton of matches on other sites. I have not had any other communications from this company. I uploaded a test from Ancestry in January 2018. It was my test and I did match my father. It is the only match out of three tests. I guess if I want more matches I will need to upload more tests from Ancestry? Does anyone have matches from this site? Am I doing something wrong or is this site a dead-end?
- Submitted By Joseph Flores on 07/08/2019The best DNA company ever...accurate...on everything...my haplogroups ..im glad i tested with living DNA....23andme lousy always waiting for updates on what my ethnicity might turn out to be!same with all the other sites....not living DNA it gives me every thing on what i am ethnicity wise...thankyou living DNA
- Submitted By Paul Dove on 05/24/2019I uploaded my DNA file, from Ancestry, and my wife's, from 23andme, and then waited and waited. A month later, after progressing through various stages of "testing", the status for both went back to Uploaded and hasn't changed since. No idea why but might be related to me deciding not to continue my membership of their partnering company Find my Past; without the DNA analysis I didn't see any point in continuing with Find my Past but I did expect to get DNA results eventually from Living DNA.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
- Submitted By Anna on 03/31/2019HORRIBLE service. Keep getting the run around on our test results. Paid for results in two days and its a week now and they keep making excuses as to why its not done. DO NOT USE this company!! They don't even deserve one star. Their collector filled out everything and did the swabs and they are still giving us a hard time getting results. No one ever picks up the phone, on hold for hours then the system hangs up on you.
- Submitted By Savannah Calhoun 01/18/2019This is the worst experience! I decided to get a paternity test with a guy who can be my dad. We sent them off November 27. Two weeks later I had not received any email. I called and they said my samples were received and I would know my results the next day. They required a reswab. I sent the email requiring a new test. I did not receive it until I called after over a week. I finally received it and sent it back the 27th of December. I did not receive a email so I called and was told they hadn't received them and to call USPS. After waiting on the phone with USPS for 2 hours I found out they received my samples the 28th. I called again and it was confirmed. Here I am on Friday with no results in sight. Hold time is so long!
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.