There are many steps to take with ancestry DNA testing before pressing that "order" button. The most important one is realizing what company offers the best service to meet your expectations. Our comparison of Living DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will demonstrate the main differences between the companies but also teach you how to match your needs with the right provider. Do you want more relatives found or a more accurate ancestry profile? Are you interested in identifying the first human to bear your DNA or in the migration patterns of your ancestors? Answers to these and similar questions can help you make the right choice.
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Sandra on 08/15/2019I ordered two tests in December 2017. I did get results for the mitochondrial and Y DNA. To date only one match to my father which is me. My husband's test has no matches. He has a ton of matches on other sites. I have not had any other communications from this company. I uploaded a test from Ancestry in January 2018. It was my test and I did match my father. It is the only match out of three tests. I guess if I want more matches I will need to upload more tests from Ancestry? Does anyone have matches from this site? Am I doing something wrong or is this site a dead-end?
- Submitted By Joseph Flores on 07/08/2019The best DNA company ever...accurate...on everything...my haplogroups ..im glad i tested with living DNA....23andme lousy always waiting for updates on what my ethnicity might turn out to be!same with all the other sites....not living DNA it gives me every thing on what i am ethnicity wise...thankyou living DNA
- Submitted By Paul Dove on 05/24/2019I uploaded my DNA file, from Ancestry, and my wife's, from 23andme, and then waited and waited. A month later, after progressing through various stages of "testing", the status for both went back to Uploaded and hasn't changed since. No idea why but might be related to me deciding not to continue my membership of their partnering company Find my Past; without the DNA analysis I didn't see any point in continuing with Find my Past but I did expect to get DNA results eventually from Living DNA.
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
- Submitted By Nabi on 10/22/2019One of the most corrupted companies I have ever seen. They are very happily taking your money in a minute, promise you to do the job within couple of days and then will totally forget about you. You will be calling them and they will not even answer your call. I would definitely not recommend anyone to do the DNA test with these guys.
- Submitted By tori maricelli on 09/10/2019I talked to service rep Michelle Sexton and she was great and helped me through the whole process. I did not do a conventional test on one of the subjects. DNA was collected off an item that belonged to one of the parties. All of customer service agents were great and showed me compassion and caring. All went well except one little hiccup which was that one of the lab techs gave me the wrong day on when results would be in. A manager got in touch with me and explained the mix up and apologized profusely. I paid extra to have the test kit sent over night and they paid for me to ship back over night which was fantastic. I had to pay a little extra for testing due to the one sample being taken from an item other than cheek swab. All in all I was satisfied and would recommend and although I hope I NEVER have to do this again, I would use this lab. I would also recommend shipping and receiving OVER NIGHT mail. It was well worth the money and peace of mind we now have. God bless
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
- Submitted By Anna on 03/31/2019HORRIBLE service. Keep getting the run around on our test results. Paid for results in two days and its a week now and they keep making excuses as to why its not done. DO NOT USE this company!! They don't even deserve one star. Their collector filled out everything and did the swabs and they are still giving us a hard time getting results. No one ever picks up the phone, on hold for hours then the system hangs up on you.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.