There are many steps to take with ancestry DNA testing before pressing that "order" button. The most important one is realizing what company offers the best service to meet your expectations. Our comparison of Living DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will demonstrate the main differences between the companies but also teach you how to match your needs with the right provider. Do you want more relatives found or a more accurate ancestry profile? Are you interested in identifying the first human to bear your DNA or in the migration patterns of your ancestors? Answers to these and similar questions can help you make the right choice.
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By DChane on 03/03/2019Living DNA never received my test and I have been asking for a replacement test or refund and they are not responding. I have been communicating with them via email (the only way I've found to contact them in the US) and they are radio silent after two months. Buyer beware - their support is non-existent.
- Submitted By Steve on 03/01/2019Good results for geneology, have uploaded the dna results into various databases without issue. Everything delivered on time, no problem. Deducted 1 star because the cousin match feature still not running but since you can now upload elsewhere perhaps not a big deal
- Submitted By Mary Lou Demaline on 01/13/2019I would not use this company. Bought 2 Dna test for Christmas, only received 1 test. They do not respond to emails. SO basically I paid they ripped me off. Still waiting for a response from December 11, 2018.
- Submitted By Rachel on 12/28/2018DO NOT ORDER from this company I know someone that paid FULL price and after 3 Months still has NOT received their results!!!
- Submitted By Grandma on 02/10/2019Just found out a DNA test was done on my grandson without his mothers permission which my grandson has my daughters maiden name. On the DNA test my grandson has his daddy's last name. I just do not see where this is legal. My daughter did not know anything about a paternity test. My grandson's Birth Cert. and SS Card both have my daughters maiden name.
- Submitted By Savannah Calhoun 01/18/2019This is the worst experience! I decided to get a paternity test with a guy who can be my dad. We sent them off November 27. Two weeks later I had not received any email. I called and they said my samples were received and I would know my results the next day. They required a reswab. I sent the email requiring a new test. I did not receive it until I called after over a week. I finally received it and sent it back the 27th of December. I did not receive a email so I called and was told they hadn't received them and to call USPS. After waiting on the phone with USPS for 2 hours I found out they received my samples the 28th. I called again and it was confirmed. Here I am on Friday with no results in sight. Hold time is so long!
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Latonya Waterman on 05/05/2018Excellent Service. My fiancee had concerns of whether his oldest daughter was his. We dad father-child and let's just say I have four sons and now loving my two stepdaughters. Thanks DDC for your excellent services.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.