There are many steps to take with ancestry DNA testing before pressing that "order" button. The most important one is realizing what company offers the best service to meet your expectations. Our comparison of Living DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center will demonstrate the main differences between the companies but also teach you how to match your needs with the right provider. Do you want more relatives found or a more accurate ancestry profile? Are you interested in identifying the first human to bear your DNA or in the migration patterns of your ancestors? Answers to these and similar questions can help you make the right choice.
- 80 world regions covered, including 21 in the British Isles
- 15-fold analysis of 650,000 genetic markers in your genome
- Free shipping and result updates; raw DNA data download
- Price: $156.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By RCCCCcweraer on 05/11/2019You do not want to use LivingDNA. They have operational and lab issues. They are disorganized, unable to respond even within a week to a question. They apparently outsource to two different labs in different countries and yet their business is in England. We started the process in January as as of today, no results. It doesn't matter if their testing is good, we can't get our results and how much confidence can we have when they are not operationally sound?
- Submitted By JBobela 05/03/2019I submitted my Livingdna test and received an acknowledgement on Jan 8, 2019. I subsequently checked my account and found my dna test was pending with a scheduled completion date of April 2, 2019. So far so good. Then in the beginning of April the problems began. First I couldn’t login—response was that there was an incorrect entry; I couldn’t find a hot button to request password reset on the login page. Once resolved and I logged in, my account did not show any pending or completed tests—my account is there but no tests. Several emails later, I am repeatedly informed there was a system upgrade and all should be resolved. Each time I log in, there are no pending or completed tests. It is May 3, 2019 and I still have nothing. Clearing history and cache does nothing to solve the problem as they suggest. Very disappointed. The grand reviews by major media outlets can’t be true. Stick with the tried and true ancestry sites.
- Submitted By DChane on 03/03/2019Living DNA never received my test and I have been asking for a replacement test or refund and they are not responding. I have been communicating with them via email (the only way I've found to contact them in the US) and they are radio silent after two months. Buyer beware - their support is non-existent.
- Submitted By Steve on 03/01/2019Good results for geneology, have uploaded the dna results into various databases without issue. Everything delivered on time, no problem. Deducted 1 star because the cousin match feature still not running but since you can now upload elsewhere perhaps not a big deal
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
- Submitted By Anna on 03/31/2019HORRIBLE service. Keep getting the run around on our test results. Paid for results in two days and its a week now and they keep making excuses as to why its not done. DO NOT USE this company!! They don't even deserve one star. Their collector filled out everything and did the swabs and they are still giving us a hard time getting results. No one ever picks up the phone, on hold for hours then the system hangs up on you.
- Submitted By Savannah Calhoun 01/18/2019This is the worst experience! I decided to get a paternity test with a guy who can be my dad. We sent them off November 27. Two weeks later I had not received any email. I called and they said my samples were received and I would know my results the next day. They required a reswab. I sent the email requiring a new test. I did not receive it until I called after over a week. I finally received it and sent it back the 27th of December. I did not receive a email so I called and was told they hadn't received them and to call USPS. After waiting on the phone with USPS for 2 hours I found out they received my samples the 28th. I called again and it was confirmed. Here I am on Friday with no results in sight. Hold time is so long!
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Living DNA provides the broadest geographical coverage of matching ancestry and ethnicity, with the English Isles represented with 21 regions. Raw DNA results are also offered for potential matching with different databases and genealogy research websites. Read all about the company's testing options in our detailed Living DNA review.