If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or HomeDNA is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or HomeDNA meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Kelly ob 04/28/2018Horrible customer service. When I complained about it, I was answered by the same person who was rude to me in the first place. Avoid. I have had no similar issues with 23 and me or Ancestry.
- Submitted By Sadie on 03/21/2018Save your money- Scam report The DNA testing is fine. . . BUT save your money on the "Wellness" report. You can get better information off the internet. All you get is diet information such as you need to drink 7 glasses of water a day, and salt could make your blood pressure rise. Once they get your money there are NO refunds, all Vitagene want to do is sell you supplements and argue with you about there lame report. The report is not even worth $5.00 let alone $49.00. if you want a good report go to Promethease.com and pay $5.00 for a much better report with some information.
- Submitted By Amy Parker on 12/28/2017Reasonable prices compared to some other dna testing companies I've seen.
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By Jack Green on 07/29/2017The support staff was very patient and answered all of my questions. The guys really know their stuff.
- Submitted By Ian Atkins on 07/05/2017I really liked that I could just upload my results from 23andme and take it from there.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.