If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or HomeDNA is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or HomeDNA meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Catherine Reed on 08/30/2018Satisfied with the service, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I had to fill in a bunch of personal information about myself.
- Submitted By Peter R on 08/21/2018Vitagene has a unique approach to analyzing your DNA, and that's what I love about this company. With it, I was able to find out a lot of things other companies couldn't tell me, and also get personalized supplements. Money well spent.
- Submitted By Turid on 07/27/2018English is not my first language but I know enought to understand that Vitagene is not designed by professionals. Here is some examples: 1 You have to pay first and then accept conditions,not the other way around. 2 Their language is not only unclear but wrong. They tell me to use dairy products like almon milk,soya milk,etc. But this is NOT a dairy product They tell me to eat grains like beans and peas. That is NOT a grain ! 3 In their questions they show the say sloppy use of words and concepts by asking questions like " do you eat a lot of fatty food ?". Hmmmm,yes I do I eat a lot of fat fish but I don't think they see this as "fatty food". Maybe everybody in The U.S. know the meaning of fatty food,but for users in other countries this is sloppy,unclear and un profesional ways to ask questions when the intent is to figure out if you have a healthy diet or not. 4 When they tell me what to eat the list is so small,so limited that nobody can prepare any meal based on their advice 5 There are more but I get so distressed by writing about Vitagene that I stop here. My advice is clear " Do not buy this test ! "
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By Jack Green on 07/29/2017The support staff was very patient and answered all of my questions. The guys really know their stuff.
- Submitted By Ian Atkins on 07/05/2017I really liked that I could just upload my results from 23andme and take it from there.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.