If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether HomeDNA or New Life Genetics is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether HomeDNA or New Life Genetics meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- State-of-the-art testing facility with robotics technology
- Multitude of genetic tests with quick turnaround times
- Highly skilled scientific team and effective user support
- Price: $39.00
- State-of-the-art laboratory with ISO17025 certification
- Interdisciplinary team of highly skilled scientists
- Excellent variety of DNA tests with very precise results
- Guaranteed anonymity & a full 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price: $137.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Nicholas Watson on 09/05/2018The kit is very easy to use and I managed to collect my sample in under a minute following the instructions. I’ll post an update here once I receive my results regarding the accuracy. The user support could be a bit quicker, though, but at least the answers I received were very knowledgeable instead of something generic I usually get from companies like this one.
- Submitted By Edward Allen on 08/21/2018I was always fascinated with history of different parts of the world and how people who live there now aren’t originally from those parts. HomeDNA test showed some results I already suspected it would, but also gave me a lot of information I wouldn’t dream of. Highly recommend it to everyone interested in their family history and origins.
- Submitted By Jodah Davidson on 05/25/2018I spent 70 bucks on the "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test." My results consisted of an animation that highlights hot-spots that they claim I originate from. "91% European" with Tunisia indicated as my top European region. First off Tunisia isn't European, it's North African.... Secondly, I have at best trace North African ancestry that is around 1% on 23andMe. They also claim I'm 3% Mexican and 6% East Asian from Thailand, both are totally incorrect, and wildly inaccurate. Their test doesen't even allow for raw data download. So in closing, "HomeDNA™ Starter Ancestry Test," is a total ripoff and about as accurate and helpful as a free ancestry app or a 5$ dollar app on many sites.
- Submitted By Ann Rice on 08/21/2017Great service and quick results with just a ton of information.
- Submitted By Marzena Chojnacka on 12/16/2018I was waiting for my DNA test for acne. I was hoping this could really help my skin. Results supposed arrive within 3 weeks. When I started contacting the company after nearly 2 months I was told that my genes cost them 5 times more than what I paid and they won't finish my test. I've never got results. Very disappointing.
- Submitted By Ryan Baker on 08/21/2017The test was awesome! I knew I had the warrior gene!
- Submitted By Janet Evans on 07/14/2017I had so many questions when I first laid eyes on their site but the live chat was really handy and the support people really knew their stuff.
- Submitted By Gerald Ward on 07/09/2017The kit was here in just 2 days and the shipping was completely free!
New Life Genetics is a young European DNA testing company launched in 2014. The main idea behind its business model is to "unlock" the secrets of the human genome, allowing mankind to solve some of the most pressing medical mysteries and problems of our time. Until that happens, read our in-depth New Life Genetics review to see how it can improve your life.