If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or Futura Genetics is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or Futura Genetics meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- Numerous certifications (CLIA, ISO 9001, and ISO 15189)
- Professional staff with over 15 years of experience
- Test inspects SNPs for 28 different genetic diseases
- Price: $413.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Kelly ob 04/28/2018Horrible customer service. When I complained about it, I was answered by the same person who was rude to me in the first place. Avoid. I have had no similar issues with 23 and me or Ancestry.
- Submitted By Sadie on 03/21/2018Save your money- Scam report The DNA testing is fine. . . BUT save your money on the "Wellness" report. You can get better information off the internet. All you get is diet information such as you need to drink 7 glasses of water a day, and salt could make your blood pressure rise. Once they get your money there are NO refunds, all Vitagene want to do is sell you supplements and argue with you about there lame report. The report is not even worth $5.00 let alone $49.00. if you want a good report go to Promethease.com and pay $5.00 for a much better report with some information.
- Submitted By Amy Parker on 12/28/2017Reasonable prices compared to some other dna testing companies I've seen.
- Submitted By Gail Brien on 05/12/2018So far I have had no response from the company to my questions. No-one came to pick up my sample on 8 May 2018. I am trying again on 15 May 2018. I am not at all impressed so far. Gail Brien
- Submitted By Glenn Adams on 09/13/2017I've also tested with 23andme and I couldn't believe these guys pick up the kit themselves.
- Submitted By Lanna Carter on 08/19/2017Excellent service and pretty clear results. I only wish they offer results in more languages.
- Submitted By Ian Blackmoore on 07/20/2017Really pleasant and profesional support staff. They answered all my questions and were very patient with me.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.