If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or Futura Genetics is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or Futura Genetics meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- Numerous certifications (CLIA, ISO 9001, and ISO 15189)
- Professional staff with over 15 years of experience
- Test inspects SNPs for 28 different genetic diseases
- Price: $375.00
- Shipping:Shipping - free worldwide
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dana Way on 09/26/2019Vitagene's customer support is pathetic. You can't contact them by phone, their customer registration doesn't allow non-US residents to register (though they will happily take your money) and trying to log in results in a perpetual loading icon that never completes.
- Submitted By Catherine Reed on 08/30/2018Satisfied with the service, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I had to fill in a bunch of personal information about myself.
- Submitted By Peter R on 08/21/2018Vitagene has a unique approach to analyzing your DNA, and that's what I love about this company. With it, I was able to find out a lot of things other companies couldn't tell me, and also get personalized supplements. Money well spent.
- Submitted By Turid on 07/27/2018English is not my first language but I know enought to understand that Vitagene is not designed by professionals. Here is some examples: 1 You have to pay first and then accept conditions,not the other way around. 2 Their language is not only unclear but wrong. They tell me to use dairy products like almon milk,soya milk,etc. But this is NOT a dairy product They tell me to eat grains like beans and peas. That is NOT a grain ! 3 In their questions they show the say sloppy use of words and concepts by asking questions like " do you eat a lot of fatty food ?". Hmmmm,yes I do I eat a lot of fat fish but I don't think they see this as "fatty food". Maybe everybody in The U.S. know the meaning of fatty food,but for users in other countries this is sloppy,unclear and un profesional ways to ask questions when the intent is to figure out if you have a healthy diet or not. 4 When they tell me what to eat the list is so small,so limited that nobody can prepare any meal based on their advice 5 There are more but I get so distressed by writing about Vitagene that I stop here. My advice is clear " Do not buy this test ! "
- Submitted By Gail Brien on 05/12/2018So far I have had no response from the company to my questions. No-one came to pick up my sample on 8 May 2018. I am trying again on 15 May 2018. I am not at all impressed so far. Gail Brien
- Submitted By Dan Sela on 08/21/2018Dear Gail, To follow up on your comment - after a mistake was made by the local shipping company, we rescheduled the pickup and you received our cutting-edge DNA test as well as our full comprehensive report by June 10th which is pretty good time, taking into account the distance to Australia :) We wanted to ensure any other customers that we at Futura Genetics greatly appreciate your time and know how frustrating a no-show on behalf of a shipping company can be. We put a lot of effort into making sure that mistakes like that are reduced to a minimum and when they unfortunately occur are taken care of in the fastest way possible. Thank you for using our service, we hope the information was beneficial to you and we look forward to providing you with more products in the future! Censirely, Dan Sela Business Development Team firstname.lastname@example.org Futura Genetics
- Submitted By Glenn Adams on 09/13/2017I've also tested with 23andme and I couldn't believe these guys pick up the kit themselves.
- Submitted By Lanna Carter on 08/19/2017Excellent service and pretty clear results. I only wish they offer results in more languages.
Vitagene is a privately held provider of various forms of DNA testing. The company was launched in 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and is dedicated to healthcare, genetics, nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and diet. Read our comprehensive Vitagene review to learn more about the company itself and the wide spectrum of genetic testing services it offers.