After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. DNA Worldwide and Family Tree DNA are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between DNA Worldwide and Family Tree DNA, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Impressive portfolio of at-home/legal DNA testing solutions
- Highly experienced professional team with Dr. Pascal Kintz
- Modern processing laboratory with numerous accreditations
- Price: $138.11
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jenna Larson on 11/13/2017Surefire way of testing the workers for drugs and alcohol. Been cooperating with the company for a year now and think I'm gonna stick around.
- Submitted By Jack Monroe on 10/01/2017Had some troubles ordering internationally, but it all worked out in the end.
- Submitted By User 17,064 on 04/22/2017DNA Worldwide helped me with my application and nobody ever doubted the results.
- Submitted By ARCADIO DE JESUS on 01/25/2019I have done testing with 23andMe, Ancestry an and FTDNA, and believe me, there isn't any way, that 23andMe and Ancestry can compare, with FTDNA. If you test your DNA with FTDNA, and you give them the ok, they will send it to National Geographic for more testing.
- Submitted By K. Horkey on 01/14/2019I was able to upload my autosomal DNA file from Ancestry and get my matches for free. I paid $19.99 to have my Origins and Ancient Origins report. The ethnicity estimates matched up reasonably close with Ancestry's estimates. It was also interesting to get my Ancient Origins results and learn about ancient history and migrations of my ancestors. It is not a good site, in my opinion, to find relatives, as most people use Ancestry or 23andMe for that. None of my matches were surnames that I recognized, unlike on Ancestry where I was matched with all my relatives that I know in real life. I am glad that I originally took my autosomal test with Ancestry but it was a nice perk to be allowed to use the data to get services from this site.
- Submitted By Jessie M. on 12/28/2018Bad, unacceptable experience and unreasonable. I ordered a ydna kit, that the company’s own website guaranteed would arrive by Christmas - it did not. So I sent an email stating that I would like a refund due to the unfulfilled promise - I received no response. I have to call the next day and explain the situation, and I’m told there is a $30 fee to send the kit back! I would better understand if had just changed my mind wanting to send the kit back, but it’s the companies error that I am sending the unopened not just kit, but unopened piece of mail back because of. They guaranteed their customer something, and did not provide that. They also told me to get a “full refund” I should have had a photo of the website saying “order by today to receive by Christmas”, as if I’m taking photos of the seemingly trustworthy websites I’m ordering Christmas gifts from to fulfil what they advertise. During that phone call I asked for speak to the manager who is still upholding their regular return policy, when it’s the companies fault, I was told to expect a call from this person within the hour, and never got that call. So long story short, the website advertised a service that was not provided, and then they further took out their own faults of their customer. A terribly rude, unprofessional and untrustworthy company that you shouldn’t chance purchasing a service from in the event that something goes wrong, you will not be reimbursed.
- Submitted By Roberto C on 09/02/2018Family Tree is a good company, but they should really make the report more understandable for ordinary people. Excellent customer support.
DNA Worldwide is a renowned DNA testing provider founded in 2004 and registered in England and Wales. The company offers a wide variety of DNA testing solutions, including relationship, immigration, ancestry, and hair drug & alcohol tests. Read our dedicated DNA Worldwide review to learn all about the company and its unique services.