After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Family Tree DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Family Tree DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Roberto C on 09/02/2018Family Tree is a good company, but they should really make the report more understandable for ordinary people. Excellent customer support.
- Submitted By TX on 08/22/2018What baffles me is that so many people complain about FTDNA because they never bothered to do some research about DNA testing. If you don't have a clue how DNA testing works and what your report will look like, you will be disappointed in FTDNA. BUT if you read about it and know what to expect, FTDNA is the best possible company for learning more about yourself and your ancestry through your DNA.
- Submitted By Bea on 08/17/2018FTDNA are true professionals in every sense of the word. The ordering and collecting processes went as smooth as possible, the results arrived on time and featured A LOT of information, and the customer support rep helped me figure out some things I didn't understand.
- Submitted By Dana M Joyner on 07/27/2018This told me almost NOTHING and was very inaccurate. I've done family trees, even met relatives of other races and this site said I was 0%. To be fair, I got one of the cheaper tests but I already knew more about me than it told me and it literally said that some information might not be completely accurate "due to background noise". WHAT ON EARTH DOES THAT MEAN???
- Submitted By Suki on 10/04/2018Worst company to deal with ever. Purchased the kit from Walgreens, and sent out the envelope to the facility. I got an email to get in touch with them, i did and they advised for a reswab. Two weeks have passed and i still have not received anything in the mail. I called and they said it usually takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get the new kit... 3 to 4 damn weeks to get a package in the united states. Most horrible company and a experience i have ever dealt with. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Latonya Waterman on 05/05/2018Excellent Service. My fiancee had concerns of whether his oldest daughter was his. We dad father-child and let's just say I have four sons and now loving my two stepdaughters. Thanks DDC for your excellent services.
- Submitted By Susy day on 04/14/2018My deceased ex husband had a woman say he was her daughters father for 37 years. The daughter had a test done using his and her blood test came back (0) not his. Both of my kids are relieved and his family just thought for sure was his daughter. Well not his thank you Jesus now maybe the daughter of the woman’s can finally find the real father after all of the years . Good luck your going to need it .
- Submitted By Caro on 03/28/2018Horrible service. I wrote a review on their page and they deleted it. I paid for fast 2 day service and its been 1 week and still waiting on Results.
Family Tree DNA is a clear-cut winner for anyone aiming at far-reaching research. The abundance of tests and bundled packages - alongside innovative tools and a widespread community - offers in-depth ancestry insights and relative-matching possibilities. Learn all about the service in our comprehensive Family Tree DNA review.