Family Tree DNA VS DDC DNA Diagnostics Center
After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. Family Tree DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between Family Tree DNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- The widest array of different DNA tests on the market
- Free updates of your test results after the initial order
- Free transfer of raw data from AncestryDNA & 23andME
- Price: $79.00
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By tonni chinn on 11/11/2019I had My mother my aunt and Me, I have found this site is very difficult to navigate and get any use ful information form the test we have done ( $+ 1,000.00) an constant up selling. of Which I would Neved use this sit again. There are Much better sites easy to use and with more information
- Submitted By Lisa Rollins on 04/02/2019My boyfriend and I mailed in our Family Tree DNA results together on same day. My boyfriend rec'd notice from FT DNA about 1 week later that his kit was rec'd and he got his test results back in about 3 weeks. It took about 3 or 4 weeks for FTDNA just to send me notice that my kit was received and after two (2) months, I still have not gotten any results back. I had to contact them as I received no word or any explanation. I asked for a refund as I do not trust results at this point and I was told that my kit was just caught up in a "general delay" and they "don't do refunds". Why it took my boyfriend 3 weeks and here I am 9 weeks later... still waiting in SC.
- Submitted By Laurie Bates on 04/02/2019I sent my DNA in which was received on Feb. 25, the timetable for my results was March, then their was a delay posting and they would not get to my DNA for processing until April 1-15. Now today, April 2, there is a posting that there is another delay with dates to get to my DNA for processing is April 15 - April 30. What is up with these delays? I tried their chat at 11:30am, and found them off line. I have never seen such run around for DNA testing, this is not my first time. With their chat off and these delays, I'm thinking I got taken to the cleaners with this one. No legit company comes up with such delays going out past 60 days and turns off their chat during listed business hours. So from my experience, don't spend money for something that will just be delayed over and over. I am extremely disappointed. I have to list at least 1 star in order to post, otherwise, there would be minus stars.
- Submitted By ARCADIO DE JESUS on 01/25/2019I have done testing with 23andMe, Ancestry an and FTDNA, and believe me, there isn't any way, that 23andMe and Ancestry can compare, with FTDNA. If you test your DNA with FTDNA, and you give them the ok, they will send it to National Geographic for more testing.
- Submitted By Eden on 12/03/2019I am very satisfied with the customer service i got. My sales rep Michelle Sexton was very professional and helped me out alot. Rating her customer service at 100% and beyond thank you
- Submitted By Nabi on 10/22/2019One of the most corrupted companies I have ever seen. They are very happily taking your money in a minute, promise you to do the job within couple of days and then will totally forget about you. You will be calling them and they will not even answer your call. I would definitely not recommend anyone to do the DNA test with these guys.
- Submitted By tori maricelli on 09/10/2019I talked to service rep Michelle Sexton and she was great and helped me through the whole process. I did not do a conventional test on one of the subjects. DNA was collected off an item that belonged to one of the parties. All of customer service agents were great and showed me compassion and caring. All went well except one little hiccup which was that one of the lab techs gave me the wrong day on when results would be in. A manager got in touch with me and explained the mix up and apologized profusely. I paid extra to have the test kit sent over night and they paid for me to ship back over night which was fantastic. I had to pay a little extra for testing due to the one sample being taken from an item other than cheek swab. All in all I was satisfied and would recommend and although I hope I NEVER have to do this again, I would use this lab. I would also recommend shipping and receiving OVER NIGHT mail. It was well worth the money and peace of mind we now have. God bless
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
Family Tree DNA is a clear-cut winner for anyone aiming at far-reaching research. The abundance of tests and bundled packages - alongside innovative tools and a widespread community - offers in-depth ancestry insights and relative-matching possibilities. Learn all about the service in our comprehensive Family Tree DNA review.