Ancestry DNA exploration is an exciting journey into the past, but one you must design for yourself. The best way to go about it is mapping the main questions you want to be answered, once the results are complete. Our comparative view of AncestryDNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center paints the picture of two of the best ancestry DNA testing providers on the market. The journey back will be smooth with either one, yet one will always answer more questions than the other, depending on the "maps" you've drawn for yourself. Read all about databases, region coverage, DNA markers checked, and other result components compared between AncestryDNA and DDC DNA Diagnostics Center.
- More than 700,000 DNA markers checked for optimal precision
- Search for potential matches among 7 million DNA signatures
- Download your raw DNA data file to use with other companies
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:35 Countries
- Testing protocols incorporate and use robotics technology
- Tests are done twice, evading potential errors/failures
- Free pre-test consultation, excellent support, Ph.D. review
- Price: $199.00
- Shipping:USA, Canada
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alan on 04/27/2019Interesting results that align closely with the likes of Gedcom/gedmatch. When you think about that many people constantly migrate from one region to another (or historic invations and conquests) everyone's bloodline gets pretty much mixed up so no test will be able to guess where our ancestors decided to locate. Despite this, I was shown to have 25% French. We always thought it was Germanic, but then, there was a lot of migration across the ages through this area. It accurately showed our dna from 3 continents, though there was much discussion in my family of the countries selected. Only downside is that Ancestry won't accept results from other testers (eg, Myheritage etc) but accuracy is probably about as good as it could get.
- Submitted By STEVEN WOOTEN on 04/13/2019AncestryDNA is a complete rip off. Everything they told us, we knew from googling our last name (which I had done). They did not include anything outside of that information. They did not include anything from my Native American ancestry at all. A person can look at me and tell it's there. I certainly do not look like I am completely Irish and British considering my dark skin, hair, and eyes. What a total waste of time and money. I do not recommend ever using them. There has to be more reputable companies out there.
- Submitted By Sofia on 19/02/2019I have been really disappointed with my results!!!! I am 100% sure I am half Russian and half Italian but the results showed that I am 0% Russian an 27% Italian. Even my Native American results (which were 1%) were higher than Russian! I can not believe it, because my mums side is fully Russian. I hope the company will improve in the future.
- Submitted By Abigail Hunt on 10/15/2018After testing with Family Tree DNA, my husband and I decided to expand our list of relatives and explore the database offered by Ancestry. We found so many new relatives, some of which were located in Europe, out of all places. If you’re adamant about researching your genetic past in-depth, doing a single test is not enough, not by a long shot. Ancestry gave us much more information than FTDNA, but we still have to do the 23andMe test and check their database as well.
- Submitted By Eden on 12/03/2019I am very satisfied with the customer service i got. My sales rep Michelle Sexton was very professional and helped me out alot. Rating her customer service at 100% and beyond thank you
- Submitted By Nabi on 10/22/2019One of the most corrupted companies I have ever seen. They are very happily taking your money in a minute, promise you to do the job within couple of days and then will totally forget about you. You will be calling them and they will not even answer your call. I would definitely not recommend anyone to do the DNA test with these guys.
- Submitted By tori maricelli on 09/10/2019I talked to service rep Michelle Sexton and she was great and helped me through the whole process. I did not do a conventional test on one of the subjects. DNA was collected off an item that belonged to one of the parties. All of customer service agents were great and showed me compassion and caring. All went well except one little hiccup which was that one of the lab techs gave me the wrong day on when results would be in. A manager got in touch with me and explained the mix up and apologized profusely. I paid extra to have the test kit sent over night and they paid for me to ship back over night which was fantastic. I had to pay a little extra for testing due to the one sample being taken from an item other than cheek swab. All in all I was satisfied and would recommend and although I hope I NEVER have to do this again, I would use this lab. I would also recommend shipping and receiving OVER NIGHT mail. It was well worth the money and peace of mind we now have. God bless
- Submitted By Lori Braun on 04/16/2019This place is horrible. Unprofessional at best. Toying with peoples lives... their emotional state is just down right unacceptable. They promise results and do not follow through. Not once but twice. We still do not have our results as of today. They dont answer the phone, let alone return calls. Leave you on hold for hours. I should have read the reviews first, but seeing how this is supposed to be the best, I didn't. And my/our families are paying for it. I will be contacting the BBB as well. I want what they have done on record. I also posted a review on their site and it was deleted this morning. This place is a joke.
AncestryDNA offers one of the best and most precise ancestry DNA tests on the market, paired with an active online community and billions of historical records to complement your exploration. Learn more about its complete offer in our objective AncestryDNA review.