If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether Vitagene or 23andMe is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether Vitagene or 23andMe meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Wide variety of genetic tests, including ancestry exploration
- Highly sophisticated CLIA and CAP-certified laboratory
- Reliable genetic test results with raw DNA file available
- Price: $49.00
- Shipping:USA Only
- Health reports show potential for hereditary conditions
- 570,000 genetic markers checked within Ancestry Service
- Company Database contains around 2 million registered users
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Catherine Reed on 08/30/2018Satisfied with the service, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I had to fill in a bunch of personal information about myself.
- Submitted By Peter R on 08/21/2018Vitagene has a unique approach to analyzing your DNA, and that's what I love about this company. With it, I was able to find out a lot of things other companies couldn't tell me, and also get personalized supplements. Money well spent.
- Submitted By Turid on 07/27/2018English is not my first language but I know enought to understand that Vitagene is not designed by professionals. Here is some examples: 1 You have to pay first and then accept conditions,not the other way around. 2 Their language is not only unclear but wrong. They tell me to use dairy products like almon milk,soya milk,etc. But this is NOT a dairy product They tell me to eat grains like beans and peas. That is NOT a grain ! 3 In their questions they show the say sloppy use of words and concepts by asking questions like " do you eat a lot of fatty food ?". Hmmmm,yes I do I eat a lot of fat fish but I don't think they see this as "fatty food". Maybe everybody in The U.S. know the meaning of fatty food,but for users in other countries this is sloppy,unclear and un profesional ways to ask questions when the intent is to figure out if you have a healthy diet or not. 4 When they tell me what to eat the list is so small,so limited that nobody can prepare any meal based on their advice 5 There are more but I get so distressed by writing about Vitagene that I stop here. My advice is clear " Do not buy this test ! "
- Submitted By Steve on 06/13/2018Vitagene worked great! I did the DNA test and got my health and fitness reports in about 3 weeks. I really liked their supplement recommendations too.
- Submitted By Walt Jenner on 01/16/2019I did the 23andme test and I found it simple to perform and easy to read the results. After submitting my saliva, it took about 4 weeks to process. I did this around the Christmas holiday, so they were perhaps running a little slower than they would during the summer. I didn't expect to see any "family secrets" revealed, so that wasn't a reason for me to take the test. However, my results DID reveal a family secret: my Aunt is my half-aunt. Whoops! So even if you don't expect to see family secrets, remember that you might reveal one. I wish the 23andme web site would pool "matching relatives" into groups so I can more easily determine which side of the family all the relative matches are from. Sure, it'd be easy if I had my entire family take the test, but many are deceased. And with a surprise half-aunt in the picture, I don't want to ask anyone.
- Submitted By Anna Bennett on 09/02/2018My daughter bought me this test and I was amazed (to say the least) to learn of my origins! It looks like I'm mostly from Europe. Fascinating!
- Submitted By Havier Torres on 08/27/201823 and me is the best DNA testing company there is. I love researching my ancestry and did a couple of tests with other famous companies - my experience with 23 and me has been the best so far. Apart from learning a lot about my heritage, I also received a health report - this is something only 23 and me provides. The test gives great value for the money spent and I plan on buying it as a Christmas gift to my family.
- Submitted By D. Collins on 08/19/2018This has been an amazing experience. I learned so much and had a lot of fun along the way. Thank you!
23andMe is an impressive DNA testing provider featuring a staggering user count, paired with cutting-edge tools for chromosome browsing, biogeographical ancestry analysis, and health-related results. Read all about this exceptional service in our detailed 23andMe review.