If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether 23andMe or TeloYears is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether 23andMe or TeloYears meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- Health reports show potential for hereditary conditions
- 570,000 genetic markers checked within Ancestry Service
- Company Database contains around 2 million registered users
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
- Cutting-edge and CLIA-certified DNA processing facilities
- Exclusive testing methods with no room for potential errors
- Free result monitoring and updates for repeated testers
- Price: $129.00
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Anna Bennett on 09/02/2018My daughter bought me this test and I was amazed (to say the least) to learn of my origins! It looks like I'm mostly from Europe. Fascinating!
- Submitted By Havier Torres on 08/27/201823 and me is the best DNA testing company there is. I love researching my ancestry and did a couple of tests with other famous companies - my experience with 23 and me has been the best so far. Apart from learning a lot about my heritage, I also received a health report - this is something only 23 and me provides. The test gives great value for the money spent and I plan on buying it as a Christmas gift to my family.
- Submitted By D. Collins on 08/19/2018This has been an amazing experience. I learned so much and had a lot of fun along the way. Thank you!
- Submitted By Sharon on 08/16/2018I selected 23 and me for DNA testing because two friends had used this company, and they recommended it. Even though the quoted time is approximately 6-8 weeks, theirs was completed in approximately 4 weeks. My experience has been less satisfactory. My sample was mailed in June, and notification was received 2 days later stating the sample had been received and testing was underway. For 5 weeks, my status remained at the point where they were reading the chip. Although this seemed like an unrealistic time, I assumed they simply were not updating my account the first few weeks. After 5 weeks at the same stage, I surmised that the company was either a scam or they have inept employees. I had entered our contract in good will and completed a gamut of questions so my results could be used to further research. As a research scientist, the company had lost all credibility and I would never trust them to participate in ethical research. I changed my status, disallowing the company to use my DNA results for any type of research. Then I received an e-mail stating that my results would be delayed a few more weeks because of a computer upgrade. In the meantime, I began reading reviews. Some customers who submitted their DNA after mine was submitted had already received their results. Others had received a message regarding the additional delay due to computer delay. It's been almost 2 months since the notification that they received my sample. There has been no change in the status of my sample. I have wasted $200. Since the company has not lived up to the advertisement, and have proven to be untrustworthy, any results they provide in the future will be suspect. My intent had been to give these kits to friends and family at Christmas. Now that it has become evident that 23 and me is not a reputable company, I will research other companies who provide this service.
- Submitted By Regina on 09/11/2018Don't recommend. Bought advanced ancestry as a birthday gift (!). Was told it takes 6-8 weeks. After 6 weeks no follow up from the company. When I wrote to them, I was told in condescending tone that they notified me initially about 6-8 week processing time. Ok, after week 8 I have to follow up again (no communication from Teloyears!). Now I receive an email saying that their lab is too busy, and they don't even tell me when the results will come (birthday gift, mind you!). Ok, after week 10 still nothing from them, and not even a courtesy email. So we lost patience and requested a refund. And the funniest thing is, they deducted $20 (!!) of shipment cost, when it was clearly their fault - why accepting so many orders if your lab cannot process them in the time that you guarantee? When I sent an inquiry, they simply ignored my email. Never again, and don't recommend to others. There are so many companies these days who offer DNA testing, I'll definitely go to someone else.
- Submitted By Larry Baxter on 02/02/2018Incredibly accurate and useful. I warmly recommend regular testing, it can really help you understand what is happening inside your body and get on the right track.
- Submitted By Amanda Driver on 12/20/2017Yay, finally got my results and man, were they worth the wait! They got it all right and I feel really motivated to follow the action plan. I think everyone who cares about their health should get tested.
- Submitted By Colleen Marsh on 08/28/2017This is all the fitness help I'll ever need! I take the test every 6 months just to see if I'm improving or standing still.
23andMe is an impressive DNA testing provider featuring a staggering user count, paired with cutting-edge tools for chromosome browsing, biogeographical ancestry analysis, and health-related results. Read all about this exceptional service in our detailed 23andMe review.