If you would like to explore your genetic health and wellness, as well as other traits influenced by your DNA, you may want to know whether 23andMe or Futura Genetics is a more suitable choice for you. While they are both good companies with stellar reputations, they do not offer the same tests or health reports. When choosing a DNA testing company, it is important to clearly define what you are looking for and choose accordingly. In the table below, you can compare these two DNA testing providers, viewing their offers side by side. This can help you easily and quickly decide whether 23andMe or Futura Genetics meets your expectations and delivers the data you are interested in.
- 50+ ancestry estimates down to the 0.1% with 1,500+ regions
- 80+ health reports, FDA-cleared testing kit, raw data download
- CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited processing laboratories
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
- Numerous certifications (CLIA, ISO 9001, and ISO 15189)
- Professional staff with over 15 years of experience
- Test inspects SNPs for 28 different genetic diseases
- Price: $375.00
- Shipping:Shipping - free worldwide
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Annette Glendenning on 10/12/2019I first found this through the one and only Dr. Ben Lynch who specializes and is the pioneer in the study of our Methylation system. I got a wealth of information regarding my MTRR mutation and explains why my B12 was always so incredibly low. Also, I found a mutation in which 60% of Vitamin A can not be absorbed which answers the question of "why my eyes are deteriorating" and my skin doesn't heal very well. Lastly, I received an email letting me know that they added a new gene test called the APOE mutation which detects and rates Alzheimer's disease and its alleles. My mother passed from Alzheimer's and it's still alarming to me that I have APOE 4 and APOE3 alleles. YIKES! Time to be super Proactive in my diet and lifestyle. 23andme also couples with Ben Lynch with Stratagene, an amazingly easy to read break down of all your problematic SNPs. Thank you so very much for everything, I got everything I needed to know and more.
- Submitted By Sir Francis Baron Von Ross. on 03/19/2019After my stepfather passed away as he was the only father who I knew growing up I did the 23andme DNA to see if I had family or cousins on my real fathers side. I was shocked to learn I had so many people related to me. Everyone was so excited at first but then that faded very fast. Then I found 1st cousins and was great but then they did not bother to talk with me and realized I was not welcomed on my real fathers side. I am all by myself now since no one cares about me. It's a shame that people just don't care if they hurt a person. All I can say is you may be hurt by others but doing the 23andme DNA sure was great.
- Submitted By Walt Jenner on 01/16/2019I did the 23andme test and I found it simple to perform and easy to read the results. After submitting my saliva, it took about 4 weeks to process. I did this around the Christmas holiday, so they were perhaps running a little slower than they would during the summer. I didn't expect to see any "family secrets" revealed, so that wasn't a reason for me to take the test. However, my results DID reveal a family secret: my Aunt is my half-aunt. Whoops! So even if you don't expect to see family secrets, remember that you might reveal one. I wish the 23andme web site would pool "matching relatives" into groups so I can more easily determine which side of the family all the relative matches are from. Sure, it'd be easy if I had my entire family take the test, but many are deceased. And with a surprise half-aunt in the picture, I don't want to ask anyone.
- Submitted By Anna Bennett on 09/02/2018My daughter bought me this test and I was amazed (to say the least) to learn of my origins! It looks like I'm mostly from Europe. Fascinating!
- Submitted By Gail Brien on 05/12/2018So far I have had no response from the company to my questions. No-one came to pick up my sample on 8 May 2018. I am trying again on 15 May 2018. I am not at all impressed so far. Gail Brien
- Submitted By Dan Sela on 08/21/2018Dear Gail, To follow up on your comment - after a mistake was made by the local shipping company, we rescheduled the pickup and you received our cutting-edge DNA test as well as our full comprehensive report by June 10th which is pretty good time, taking into account the distance to Australia :) We wanted to ensure any other customers that we at Futura Genetics greatly appreciate your time and know how frustrating a no-show on behalf of a shipping company can be. We put a lot of effort into making sure that mistakes like that are reduced to a minimum and when they unfortunately occur are taken care of in the fastest way possible. Thank you for using our service, we hope the information was beneficial to you and we look forward to providing you with more products in the future! Censirely, Dan Sela Business Development Team firstname.lastname@example.org Futura Genetics
- Submitted By Glenn Adams on 09/13/2017I've also tested with 23andme and I couldn't believe these guys pick up the kit themselves.
- Submitted By Lanna Carter on 08/19/2017Excellent service and pretty clear results. I only wish they offer results in more languages.
23andMe is an impressive DNA testing provider featuring a staggering user count, paired with cutting-edge tools for chromosome browsing, biogeographical ancestry analysis, and health-related results. Read all about this exceptional service in our detailed 23andMe review.