After making the initial decision to explore your ancestry and genetic origins, you are faced with a multitude of nuances, separating one ancestry DNA testing company from the next. DNA Worldwide and 23andMe are both excellent choices for the task at hand, but one will certainly come out on top once you identify your specific needs and expectations. Their services, although high-quality and professional, differ in small but important aspects, even though they seemingly do the same thing. Our comparison will help you spot those differences between DNA Worldwide and 23andMe, allowing you to make an optimal and fully personalized choice.
- Impressive portfolio of at-home/legal DNA testing solutions
- Highly experienced professional team with Dr. Pascal Kintz
- Modern processing laboratory with numerous accreditations
- Price: $138.11
- Health reports show potential for hereditary conditions
- 570,000 genetic markers checked within Ancestry Service
- Company Database contains around 2 million registered users
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping:Worldwide (Not Available In All Countries)
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jenna Larson on 11/13/2017Surefire way of testing the workers for drugs and alcohol. Been cooperating with the company for a year now and think I'm gonna stick around.
- Submitted By Jack Monroe on 10/01/2017Had some troubles ordering internationally, but it all worked out in the end.
- Submitted By User 17,064 on 04/22/2017DNA Worldwide helped me with my application and nobody ever doubted the results.
- Submitted By Carol Norwood on 07/15/2018Very happy with the results from 23&Me. After giving it some thought, their analysis made since. Impressed with their health evaluations. I would have given them a 5-Star rating but they could not get DNA from my sister’s or husband’s saliva.....even after 2 tries. Can’t get a true picture for me without them.
- Submitted By Judah Davidson on 05/25/2018Being Ashkenazi Jewish and testing on 23andMe is basically useless. They categorize us as "100% European" and that sheds ZERO light on our actual ethnic breakdown. According to 23andMe, Ashkenazi Jews are "100% European" and on their ethnic breakdown, we have 0% of any European sub group, WTF🤦🏻............. Ashkenazi Jews on 23andMe are also "0% middle eastern." Did I mention their huge issue with "unassigned ancestry" and the nebulous "broadly" category? Save your money and wait until there are holiday sales, like DNA day and mothers day, and find a reputable company. 23andMe is garbage for ancestry testing, I can't address the health testing of their site...
- Submitted By Dorothy Clark on 05/20/2018I purchased 23andme tests for my entire family after my grandfather died and I felt a sudden need to learn more about my family and ancestors. I found a ton of matches online, learned everything about my paternal line and even managed to get a family surname book for my grandfather. 23andme helped me solve a puzzle I though impossible and I would definitely recommed it to all people out there having questions about their ancestors and immediate family.
- Submitted By Clara Jennings on 05/19/2018The only dna test that gave me health report on top of my ancestry! Very interesting results and def worth the price.
DNA Worldwide is a renowned DNA testing provider founded in 2004 and registered in England and Wales. The company offers a wide variety of DNA testing solutions, including relationship, immigration, ancestry, and hair drug & alcohol tests. Read our dedicated DNA Worldwide review to learn all about the company and its unique services.